The kids are back in school today, hooray! Hooray!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
:choir: C'mon! Everybody, sing along!

This winter break actually wasn't too bad as far as infighting goes. But I am glad to see them go back and some structure returning to our day. Maybe I'll get some things done around here!

easy child leaves tomorrow for a 3-night science camp with her class up in the local mountains. They got snow yesterday and today, so it should be a lot of wintery fun for them all.

So that leaves just difficult child 2 I will be taking to school this week (he gets a ride home with our carpool family), since difficult child 1 is still on homebound instruction through the end of this month. And except for today and Friday, I won't have any afternoon school trips to make!

tiredmommy

I already did my happy dance at the corner at 8:15am this morning. :cutie_pie: Duckie did well up until yesterday... too little sleep and structure really took its toll on her demeanor.

Her teacher is a saint. I'd like us all to pause a moment and send that wonderful woman good thoughts today. :angel:

shellyd67

Whoo-Hoo ! I had a huge smile when I dropped the little buggers off at school this morning . I must say that nothing beats the first day back after a LONG summer though ... LOL

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I am pretty thrilled, too... Having them home all day, every day, doing nothing useful is AWFUL! (Last Thursday - husband was on a job - Jett got onto the computer when he left at 9AM and was still on when I got home at 7 PM (after a going-away party)... I got him to eat and was doing some stuff, did not realize he had gone back to the computer room until about 9:30 PM! (husband was at the VA until around 1 AM).

But here's a funny for you. Onyxx came home "sick" around 2nd period... Seriously doubt it, probably just tired!

H

HaoZi

Mine goes back Wednesday, and considering the last day she was there I had to miss work and fetch her for a meltdown... I'm kinda dreading her return to school. She did get through the holidays way better this year than last year, so hopefully she'll be more settled, but I'm sure there will be gift comparisons and she'll feel down about that, too.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Double edged sword here-I was more than happy to send the kids back-just would have liked one or two days to myself. Thankfully I have such a great class going back really wasn't difficult (other than adjusting to the no nap thing again-lol).