The KING of excuses

F

flutterbee

You all know the deal with ex and him jerking easy child around about a car for over a year now. He told him a couple of months ago that he was going to get easy child a car when he was down there - which is right now. Of course, within a week or so he was backpeddling.

easy child told him about the major repair my car just got. His dad's response? "I don't think I want to get you a car now. Your mom is just going to take it and you'll be stuck with that piece of [bleep]."

easy child said to me: "I wanted to tell him that not everyone is like him. Just because that's what he would do doesn't mean everyone else would."

I don't care what he says about me. I'm a big girl and easy child and I both know he's just blowing smoke. He just thinks he's found yet another excuse to not keep his promise to easy child. Personally, I don't think he ever intended on getting easy child a car. I think he's just continued to jerk him around to have some kind of leverage on easy child. That's how he works. Major control freak and manipulator.

Some people are really just a waste of oxygen. I can't even wrap my mind around that mindset...always thinking the worst of people. I can't imagine living that way for all of my life. It would be exhausting and miserable.

donna723

Heather, your ex sound exactly like mine!

My kids finally caught on that what he said didn't mean a thing. It's all just talk, just so much hot air. They learned not to expect anything from him and then they wouldn't be disappointed! That really stinks, doesn't it!

klmno

It's good to hear that easy child knows the deal and supports you. It is so hard to deal with people like that. I always wonder if they just have a problem with telling the truth to others or if they are lieing to themselves. I guess it doesn't matter- it is easy child getting jerked around and that is just SAD.

I would find it difficult not to call him and give him an earful. I hope easy child totally ignores anything he ever says he will do in the future- and I mean to the point that any idiot would notice that there is a problem. I know- these things sound childish, but it raises my blood pressure it is so frustrating- I can't imagine how steamed you and easy child must be.

meowbunny

I'm so sorry. My gut said he would not be getting easy child a car but I was hoping I was wrong. What a complete and total schmuck!

F

flutterbee

It was just a 'rolling of the eyes' moment. I try not to waste enough energy on ex to get steamed. He's just not worth it. But, my gosh, he will use anything as an excuse. It just boggles the mind.

easy child said he's giving it two weeks after he gets home. (His dad was making the comment that cars are cheaper here than there.) He said after that, he's just going to forget about it. He's having a hard time letting go of hope. And I understand that. It is his father, afterall.

Unfortunately, easy child has known this about his dad for a while. When he was 5 his dad said he was going to send him something and it didn't come. easy child made the comment then that his dad doesn't mean what he says. As he's gotten older he's hoped for a better relationship.

easy child is such a good person. It's really sad that his dad treats him like such a second class citizen and doesn't see him for who he is. I'm not surprised, but I still hate it for easy child.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
My husband is the same way. He was horrible about this sort of thing with stepgfg. But I always stepped in and fixed it by making it happen. I can't stand broken promises to a child. A major pet peeve of mine. If there is a chance you won't/ can't follow thru then don't make it a promise. Simple.

After years of saving his fanny I stopped. Stepgfg was a teen by then. I figured it was up to husband to maintain his relationship. The result was many broken promises. Mostly this was over visitation.

husband has never been allowed to promise my kids anything because he never follows thru. Standing rule in the house.

Hugs

Christy

Nice how he tries to use you as an excuse why he is not going to do it! Hopefully easy child will see the situation for exactly what it is--Dad going back on his word. Sorry for his disappointment.

It's easy to let things roll off your back when you have decided that you just don't care what someone thinks of you anymore.

It is quite a different thing then someone's jerkiness hurts your child.

I am so sorry.

Genny

Worlds Best Nana
My difficult child's bio-mom is the QUEEN of excuses, so I can relate. At least your easy child knows not to get his hopes up. It took my difficult child years to realize the truth about her mother; she made excuses for her and defended her no matter how many times she let difficult child down. She didn't come for difficult child's high school graduation, or the birth of grandboy (although she promised to be here for both). difficult child hasn't recieved a birthday card from her in years. But she calls her twenty-three year old, single mother, full-time college student daughter and asks her for money :furious::speechless:

She is finally done with her lying, manipulative egg-donor (difficult child's term). I think the hardest thing for these kids is the realization that their own parent doesn't give a flying fig about them. Ouch.:dissapointed: The hard part for us is convicing them that it doesn't mean they are worthless or unloveable. Sounds like your easy child is handling it as well as can be expected.

Some people are truly a waste of air.

((HUGS))
Genny

susiestar

Roll With It
I am sorry that easy child is again let down. While I am angry that your ex is such a horrible parent, I also feel sorry for him - he is throwing away a relationship with a wonderful person, your easy child.

I can't think of a punishment/consequence that would be strong enough for your ex. But Karma will get him. What goes around ALWAYS comes around.

easy child can think of all the funny ways he will dress ex when ex is in the nursing home!!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I thnk you should get an untraceable, throw away cell phone,

Call him and tell him he has won 1,000,000.00

Tell him to claim his prize he must get to some remote OH town and send a post dated check for $2500.00 to secure his prize GUAR -ON -TEED to get

When he gets there - tell the people in that remote town that he said Buckeyes inhale violently, the Indians are not a baseball team, the Bengals couldn't find their tails if it were sewn on their uniforms, and the Browns stink and let them divvy out his "prize"

_note to self - hand out free ball bats.

WHAT A COMPLETELY PREDICTABLE HORSES PATOOT!

You should call and thank him for BEING SO PREDICTABLE.
at least there was NO surprise to this let down for your son.

I'm really angry and sorry for you Wyntersgrace.