The lastest on difficult child

T

toughlovin

I cant remember where we left off.... I think my difficult child was in Co but wanting to go south. On thursday we had this big hassle because he wanted to get some camping equipment instead of a warm coat but I could not get to the store at the right time etc etc. He was a petualnt demanding child and it kind of ticked me off to tell the truth. He was demanding that I drop everything and go to the store which I decided I was just not willing to do as it totally would mess up my whole schedule for the whole night. I have gotten much better about setting my boundaries and limits.

However I did call the store and figured out how we could do it over the phone.... and I set my spending limit which was what I would normally spend on him for Xmas. He was able to get a cheap tent and a few other things.... and then I suggested to him he get a sleeping bag too for which he was grateful. I felt good about it in the end because it was a Christmas gift freely given... not a gift card, not cash... and if eh sells it all for drugs then so be it... but I actually think given his situation he will hold on to it.

i got a FB message this morning thanking me for the camping gear and wondering what he could do for the family for the holidays!!!! I told him some writing or poetry would be wonderful!!

Anyway getting an unsolicited thank you is always nice and his wanting to connect somehow and give something to us means a lot.

So who knows where he is or what he is doing but I think he is on his way to warmer weather and his adventures....

TL

DDD

Sounds like a win/win to me. I'm sure it brings you comfort knowing that he does not have to be uncomfortable unless he so chooses. I don't remember reading before that he was into poetry. That's a sweet thought. Hugs DDD

S

Signorina

Yay! I love it when our kids act like our kids instead of difficult child's!

A

AmericanGirl

TL,

That's awesome that he is wanting to give back to you. Sounds like you are in the best possible place you can be, considering the circumstances.

lovemysons

Glad you were able to help your son with some camping equipment. And even more glad difficult child is wanting to give back to the family. The poem is a beautiful idea. My young difficult child always loved to write too.

Your difficult child is surely the adventerous guy!
Hang in there mom.
hugs,
LMS