The magic of the board....

T

toughlovin

So on another thread Sig posted about how there are so many similarities about the "CD cousins" but we don't know each other in real life and our difficult children don't know each other.

Well today I met vligrl in real life. She joined the board recently. In one of her posts she said something that made me think we might live relatively near each other. So I PMd her and asked. Turns out we live 20 mins apart and our difficult children went to the same high school. Ok my difficult child missed a couple of years but still they were there at the same time part of the time. Her difficult child is a year behind mine. They apparently didn't really know each other but they know a whole lot of people in common and have a lot of common friends on FB!!!

Anyway we met for coffee and talked and talked... it was wonderful to meet her in person and we have much in common.... including of course the path our difficult children have taken.

I just wish I could meet the rest of you in RL. :)

TL

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
3S... I remember meeting you - 2 1/2 years ago!!!

It's true, too. It's AMAZING how alike our kids are, even in their differences...

Nancy

That truly is amazing and wonderful to have a soul sister right in your backyard. I am often surprised at how we are interconnected with other people who know someone we know etc. etc.

I'm glad you have concrete real life support. It 's great for both of you.

Nancy

DammitJanet

So many of us have kids that are alike. We used to call Cory, Dude and thank you the 3 Musketeers because it never failed that when one of them got into trouble the others followed in line. Now Cory is the oldest of the three but he and Dude do look somewhat similar. thank you not so much.

vligrl

So on another thread Sig posted about how there are so many similarities about the "CD cousins" but we don't know each other in real life and our difficult children don't know each other.

Well today I met vligrl in real life. She joined the board recently. In one of her posts she said something that made me think we might live relatively near each other. So I PMd her and asked. Turns out we live 20 mins apart and our difficult children went to the same high school. Ok my difficult child missed a couple of years but still they were there at the same time part of the time. Her difficult child is a year behind mine. They apparently didn't really know each other but they know a whole lot of people in common and have a lot of common friends on FB!!!

Anyway we met for coffee and talked and talked... it was wonderful to meet her in person and we have much in common.... including of course the path our difficult children have taken.

I just wish I could meet the rest of you in RL. :)

TL

It was such a blessing to me you TL. This was definitely beyond our control! I was hoping to find a helpful group to talk to but little did I know someone would be right in my backyard with their child having gone to the same school! Hope to see you again soon and maybe get our men together too. Safe travels.
Sharon

T

toughlovin

Thanks Sharon.... it really feels bizarre to me that this message board, where people live all over the country that I would meet you living so close by and the same school. We will get together as soon as I get back from CA!!