The meaning behind screen names

everywoman

We've done this before, but there a lots of new members and I figured it was time again.

I used to be katmom...because my name is Katherine(Kathi) and I'm a mom.
When pcson was having marital difficulties I changed it so I would be more anonymous.
No I'm Everywoman.
The name reflects my love of literature and my career as a teacher. It also reflects my journey in life.

Everyman, a short play of some 900 lines, portrays a complacent Everyman who is informed by Death of his approaching end. The play shows the hero's progression from despair and fear of death to a "Christian resignation that is the prelude to redemption."1 First, Everyman is deserted by his false friends: his casual companions, his kin, and his wealth. He falls back on his Good Deeds, his Strength, his Beauty, his Intelligence, and his Knowledge. These assist him in making his Book of Accounts, but at the end, when he must go to the grave, all desert him save his Good Deeds alone. The play makes its grim point that we can take with us from this world nothing that we have received, only what we have given.

klmno

Mine means I was in desparate shape when I joined this group. I had no time to think and just hit a few letters of the alphabet to speed things along as fast as I could!! LOL!!

Maybe I will change it someday!

Steely

Great topic.
I have changed mine several times. Steely is what I chose after H's death. I feel like I have endured so much, that is has caused me to strengthen like "steel", flint, or rock.

As an addition my precious pup is named "Steele", although his name was chosen by difficult child as more of a Remington Steele/James Bond kinda thing. Our other pup is named Diesel - you know - boys and their testosterone. However, I call "Steele", SteelyBear...........thus the screen name "Steely" came onto my radar.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm Starbie the Barbie -

Because most of the time you can find me without clothes, rats nest hair and upside down in a toy box wearing plastic boots and hoping Ken hasn't driven off in my pink plastic corvette to some horse show with my palomino gelding (I looked) and my best friend Stephanie. (tramp)

No no.....okay I'm STAR........because I love rats and I'm backwards.....and Star spelled backwards is RATS......

NO! NO I got it!!!!! I'm Star because Planet Koo Koo just wasn't as catchy.....

Oh I know now - I'm Star* because someone has got to be a bright light in a dark world.

Yeah - I like that bright light in a dark world explaination.
;)
I have no idea really - I'm so very lost.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Mine isn't hard to figure out-wiped out is how I felt (still do feel often) when dealing with my difficult child!

mstang67chic

Going Green
'67 Mustangs Bay-bee! LOL Someday I WILL get me one. Doesn't necessarily have to be a '67. Anywhere between '64 1/2 - 68 will do juuust fine!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Fran is who I am.
Short for Frances or Franca depending on what side of the ocean you are on.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Living in suburbia where every other kid is named Danny, they are often identified on a soccer field by part of their last name - Dex is Irish, so Danny became Danny Mac and is still referred by childhood friends friends by that name- Newer friends refer to him as Cheech (he changed to that name on his drivers license while he was stoned) I am always referred to as Danny Mac's mom but needed my own identity so I go by Marcie Mac.

Marcie

muttmeister

I love dogs and most of mine have been rescued mutts. I don't know if I'm their master (meister) or if they are mine but it is a name that not too many other people on the net use so that's what I became.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I don't what came first...the chicken or the egg. I've always been known as Abbey. I really have no clue how it started, but it started many years ago. Yet, I have a 15 year old bird known as Abbey. So, I guess I've just kind of kept on the tradition.

Abbey, hence Deb.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I'm so original. My sreen name is a version of my name. Woohoo.

Now, Rubber Ducky Undy's? THATwas original, but did I use it? Oh, no....

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Well, I've always been WhymeMom? I hate change, so stuck with the first thing I thought of..... it was a common theme in raising my son......Why (does this always happen to) me, Mom?

F

flutterbee

My daughter's name is Wynter Grace and as she needs so much more unique parenting, guidance and support than your typical kid, I became WyntersGrace. When I did the play on her name, I was often feeling like I had to be the calm in the middle of the storm...the grace, so to speak.

Actually, I still feel that way a lot...the calm to her storm.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I have been frequenting several other boards outside of CD since my girls were about 10 and 12 and I have two screennames I used on those boards.

When I came here I was feeling so completely lost, angry, guilty and embarrassed that I chose to go with a simpler name that couldn't be connected with the others, just in case anyone knew me from those other boards. Paranoia had set in by that time.:anxious:

So, 'Jo' is part of my first name and 'G' is the first initial of my last name. I guess in my state of mind at the time I wasn't feeling all that original or creative. I've thought of changing it, but isn't it a big pita?

When I first found this board, I was extremely angry, sad, and exhausted after years of dealing with difficult child issues and very little support. Prior to coming here, I would NEVER have thought of posting personal info in an on-line support group. Well, I guess, as the old saying goes, "You can never say never - You just never know..." (Or, I think it goes something like this?) Anyway, I wanted to make sure that I would remain totally anonymous. I had been wishing for an empty nest for years, so for me, this was a perfect screen name. And, to this day, I'm still wishing for that empty nest - The sooner, the better, lol!!! WFEN

Lothlorien

Lothlorien is a mystical place in the Lord of the Rings series. When I chose that name, I was so down on it all that I chose to be somewhere mystical, where everyone was self-sustaining and no difficult children.