The meaning behind screen names

Star*

call 911........call 911
OMG -

RABIDUS - I LOVE IT........Looks like I'm saying I file and plant rabid things.

et tu Brutus?

THANKS
I shall remember - Meus filius planto mihi rabidus.

Here you go! (I actually translated "My son makes me crazy") LOL

Meus filius planto mihi rabidus

Hopeless

....Hopeful Now
Mine is obvious. When I found this site and signed up, I felt so hopeless on our situation with difficult child (and I am not very creative). I wish I could come up with a new name that was interesting and change it.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
When I joined orriginally I had another name. But I discovered at the time some folks that were watching it and things went bad. So I created a new one. I have always loved Dr. Seuss. I looked over and saw one of my stuffed cat in the hats and went with mrs.

Beth

SONS GONE WILD

Moms goin' crazy
Thanks for this post! It helps to hear everyone's reasons behind their names. When I joined, my "son was going wild" (with drugs, etc.) and I was totally desperate and in a hurry to get help - I think of changing my screen name, but thought it would be confusing. Maybe I'll take a little time and try to find something I like better. Thanks again.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well, let's see... I'm the mom of my three difficult child's: g, c, and v. Not terribly clever, but easy for me to remember, which becomes increasingly difficult as time goes by!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Handling the tweedles has always been an experiment in terror. I learned early on in their placement with us to give kt & wm transition time.

I started wearing 2 kitchen timers - one on each pocket or collar. I'd set the timers depending on who needed to do what. I think I wore those timers for 2 plus years & rec'd many a questioning look when I'd forget to take them off to go out to the store or a psychiatrist appointment.

JJJ

I wanted to stay anonymous so I just chose initials from my kids and I've always loved Winnie the Pooh, hence the signature. Plus the characters really fit my kids personalities :)

Diabolique

Diabolique = "diabolical" or something like "she-devil" in French.

"Les diaboliques" is also the title of a favorite collection of stories written by French writer Jules Barbey d'Aurevilly.

What's the French obsession, you wonder? Check my sig :D

busywend

Pretty obvious here.

I am a very busy person - I never say no. Well, I do now - LOL!
And my name is Wendy.

I used to think of the magician in Frosty who used to say 'Busy, busy, busy.'

svengandhi

When my oldest son began HS, he insisted that all of his teachers address him as Sven instead of Steven. Then his history teacher gave them an assignment to research and present as a historical figure - he chose Gandhi and referred to himself as Svengandhi. When we switched him to an alternative school, he went back to his real name but I thought his made up name was so cool that I adopted it for this site. I don't use it at any of the other forums I visit because it is so unique and I don't want to be tracked.

Abbey

Spork Queen
This has been a fun post to read, especially from those long timers who started with a name I knew...then got bad and changed it to something else. Come on. Work with me here. It's been more than 10 years. I'm memory challenged. Nan? I never would have put the two together. I need like an Excel spreadsheet or something.

I've always been Abbey. Switched to Deb when I stepped down as administrator, but there was another Deb (ahem) and it got confusing, so went back to Abbey. Recently tried Random Deb, which is very appropriate, but the registration didn't take. Not sure why. Should I ramble some more?

Abbey / aka Random Deb

nvts

I know that all of you think I'm serious all the time (riiiiiiight!), but I LOVE Mel Brooks films (as well as Monty Python).

In History of the World, he was in ancient Rome and said that "this is NUTS! Do you hear me? N-V-T-S, NUTS!! (you know the whole Roman Numeral thing!).

It was sooooo fitting when you look at my kids!

Beth

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm Star - because I'm so bright. :tongue: Or because at any minute; I could be destroyed by an assteroid...yes assteroid not asteroid, assteroid named Dude. Or because.....dat dah dummmmmmmm I'm lost in space. pft.

Nah - Iz cus I'm a burning white beacon of bright brite light leading the way into the darkness and shedding thoughts, and humor on misery.

I think I need some sugar or a candy bar.

:laugh:

crazymama30

Yeah, mine is not too original. I am a mama, and I feel crazy lots of the time. Sounds better than psycomama, or whack job mom

Anaheimfan

Blue Collar Boy
I'm a fan of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, my grandfather was a diehard baseball fan, and it rubbed off on me.

As for my avatar, TNT Rescue is the company that makes Jaws Of Life and other Hydraulic tools we used at the Vehicle Rescue Competition this summer. They got us 3rd place, so I saw it fit to represent them.