The Monster-Tots have tipped over to the difficult child side of the scale

trinityroyal

Daisy, there's nothing dainty in my house. Everyone (except little ol' me) is built on the linebacker model like their father, and all the furniture and fixtures are sized accordingly. If I sit right at the back of the sofa, I can't bend my knees, let alone touching the floor with my feet. Sigh...

All of the giant stuff gives the Monsters much more scope for trouble with a capital T.

DammitJanet

Trinity they make this really nice bounce thing that is round and kids can bounce in there for hours if they wanted to do so. That may tire them out some. We had one for oldest for a couple of years but have no clue what happened to it. In fact she slept in it half the time...lol. It wasnt a ball pit but you could add balls if you wanted.

If you have a big enough yard, its time for a jungle gym type climbing toy. I actually keep our castle with the little slide in the house but most people dont turn their homes into play yards for kids. Grandma's do...lol. They also make a bunk bed with a slide which is very fun. I want one for my girls room.

I will tell you I think it is time for the leashes when you go out anywhere. They make these cute ones that look like stuffed animals on their backs but I found a two headed dog leash worked very well because they couldnt quite undo the clasp. And like yours, my boys would work together to get loose. I simply clasped the thing to the back belt loop on their jeans and off we would go.

TR,

It's a rainy, gray morning and I screwed up the coffee, way too weak!! I was just about to make another pot when I saw this thread, had to read it first. Well, thanks to you, (sorry!!) I don't need another pot of caffeine to get moving. Reading this woke me up big time!!

So sorry... I've got my seat belt fastened... No advice, just lots of understanding hugs being sent your way... SFR

trinityroyal

Skotti, I'm going to have to check out those bouncy things. And yes, a climber -- definitely a climber. We're in the process of evaluating the options. Because the Monster Tots and easy child are GIANT CHILDREN, we have to make sure it's sturdy enough to withstand not just their size, but their eeeevil deeds.

tiredmommy

Trinity~ While this is no way funny that it's happened to your house, I couldn't help but chuckle a little. It played out in my head like a scene from a funny movie. Perhaps their antics ought to be recorded so you can compile them later into an anthology.

DammitJanet

They have one that is really thick rubber and made for use outside but has the sides. Its either black and yellow or blue and yellow. Been a long time. I think I saw them either on walmart.com or toysrus.com

Star*

call 911........call 911
As the #1 Auntie in SC complete with chronographic pictures (thank you ever so much now sitting out in the living room for EVERYONE TO SEE HOW BEAUTIFUL THE TRINITY Family is) AND HOW AWFUL STAR IS AT RETURN MAIL.......(hides head in shame shame shame.........
I HAVE A HARD......RIDICULOUSLY HARD TIME BELIEVEING THAT EITHER OF THOSE TWO ADORABLE BEAUTIFUL LOVING SPUNKY ANGELIC TOT-ANGELS ------COULD EVER BE ANYTHING BUT......AS NON-difficult child AS THEIR AUNTIE STAR. (LET THAT SOAK IN FOR ABOUT A Y EAR HUH WILL YA........)

nO WAY ARE THEY difficult child-TUDE....NO NO NO NO NO NOPE NOPITY NOPE NOPE NOPE.

trinityroyal

Oh Starbie, how I've missed you.

Their angelic faces belie the world of mischief that lurks beneath the surface. I suppose it's only natural considering how much of a tearaway I was as a small child. husband, too.
From the stories my darling mother in law told me, husband used to do things such as burn effigies of his sister's pet budgie. In the house. So...I guess the fact that the Monsters are, well, monsters, is not surprising. Still, I was hoping to get a pass with this round.

Sigh...

susiestar

Roll With It
I am glad you have all the other stuff like lotions locked up. Is the fridge locked too? Wiz once decided to make cornbread for me for breakfast. Middle of the night while husband was out of town on business, he got the jiffy mix and ingred out. He skipped the bowl and poured them onto the carpet to stir them together. I caught him as he was just starting to pour the milk so it didn't ruin our new rug.

Do you have a copy of "The Out of Sync Child Has Fun"? It is packed with things to help provide the sensory diet needed in fun ways. It truly IS fun for everyong I have known. We wore out more than one copy as we enjoyed the activities. They are often great family activities. Kranowitz includes tips to do the things as cheaply as possible. Might be a good birthday gift to the TMs.

There is NOTHING wrong with teaching your children "Do to Get" from the very early days. It teaches them how to cope with reality and that they are strong and capable of coping with the world and working hard.

DammitJanet

Trin, it might also be that they are harder because there are two of them and well, as Star pointed out, we arent in our 20's anymore. I now know why I had kids young. Keeping up with my grandkids is so hard for me. Especially the youngest one. If I had to deal with two the same age for any length of time I think I would be locked up in the funny farm. Just dealing with my first and second ones together is a job. They are only 13 months apart and run me completely ragged. Now the youngest one is so much like her daddy its not funny. I could call her a difficult child any day. I cant watch her alone for more than an hour before she is running the show and I am curled up in a corner praying for help...lol