The more I learn about Facebook

Nancy

Suz, it was a lot easier to do that under the old fb, until you asked the question I had no idea so I went looking and just experimented til I found it.

Nancy

witzend

I do that too, TM. I want to keep up, but some of them can't pass gas without posting it on their home page. I post an update once a week or so. There's a former neighbor who posts 30 - 40 times a day. Her house across the street is going into foreclosure so I can't unfriend her without giving up what I want to know about what's happening with that. So I check in from time to time. ;)

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
It came from Facebook, and in addition to the sender, it listed the name of four other 'members', one of whom I recognized, but who also doesn't have a FB page. She was a bit perturbed also, when I passed on the mail to her.

It's a bit creepy that this individual had my email address to send to.

Nancy

Witz you can go on your county auditor's website and check the foreclosure of property. Also if your Common Pleas Court website is online you can search that way.

Nancy

witzend

Nancy, they're way behind in the auditors offices here. They don't file anything until months after it's finalized. The bank has put pink auction slips on the door twice, and her realtor has taken them both down. They say there's an offer on the house, but she's not getting the concept of carrying a house on the books for more than they can sell it for as being more of an asset than selling it for a loss.

by the way, I could kill her, if the truth could be told. Two years ago they were offered $80k more than they are listing for right now, but they turned it down because it was $10k less than they were asking. They're totally killing our home's value. The constant "I just bought a computer and we're going out to dinner" updates on her FB page are too much! But for now, I'll just keep her hidden.

klmno

Ohhh, Nancy, now I remember that a member of facebook can plug in their email info and facebook automatically looks for those people- I didn't do that so I'm not sure what it does but I had assumed that it only checked for the email addresses listed in someones contacts to see if they had facebook accounts already. Maybe it automatically tries to get them to join though.

I'm not sure what you can do - except let all the people you email know that you would appreciate them not providing your email address to facebook.

Nancy

The common please court docket is usually up to date. I've followed several foreclosures that way. I don't know if it's this way where you live, but here it takes so long for foreclosures to go through. Then if the homeowner files bankruptcy it stops the whole process and they start over. In the meantime the property is trashed. My difficult child was hanging at one of these properties last year with a group of kids who were smoking pot and drinking all summer long while the dad was either at work or with his new girlfriend. I was very relieved when it finally went through and was sold at sheriff auction.

Nancy

DammitJanet

Witz...that was so funny! "some folks cant pass gas without tell you" OMG...you noticed that too!

Thats one of the things I really dont like about facebook.

Its also one of the reasons I wont join twitter. I cant imagine why I would want to twitter that I was walking from one room to the other! Or what was going on with certain tv shows.

My daughter in law writes the most inane things on facebook. "babysitting my friends son with hailie and they are playing. Jamie didnt put michaels diaper on right." Ugh.

CrazyinVA

Staff member
I am a FB addict, I admit it :) But, I've had to "hide" some people too, to avoid reading their drama-filled status updates. Sometimes, even my Oldest lol.

witzend

Janet, I swear that your daughter in law could be my neighbor. "Got the boys up and fed them cereal. Jake wanted pop tarts! Now to figure out the rest of my day." Twenty minutes later it's "Took a shower and getting ready to drive the boys to school." Every day! Laundry deserves at least 5 posts with an explanation.

Really? You think someone wants to know that much about you?

DammitJanet

Oh yeah witz...She posts stupid stuff like..."Mikey didnt sleep well because Daddy didnt give him his blankie"

Notice a theme.

Im such a good mommy and daddy is so lame!

LOL.

klmno

Well, I guess I'm showing quite a bit of age and wear & tear. LOL!! The guy from Jr. High school was chatting away with me for hours for a few days in a row, until I posted my photos and I haven't heard a word from him since.

That was a kick in the gut!!

Sure am glad I told HIM "no". :tongue:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Okay, so I de-friended someone (not you, Witz! :D ).

Now, how do I make a couple of others "hide?"

Suz

klmno

Scroll over the message showing up and "Hide" will show up in bold letters and you can click on it, then have the option of clicking on all stuff like that.

klmno

I've also been wondering if you get a notification if a person rejects a friendship request. I'm getting notifications by email for EVERYTHING else!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Just logged on to fb for the first time in months.

Sadly... I prefer myspace. But I know for networking purposes...

AND... My 20th HS reunion is September, and many classmates are on fb...