The most relaxing tune ever recorded...........

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Hmmm.

I found it highly annoying instead of pleasant.

I will add here that most "relaxation" tapes/cd's that are popular have the same effect.

Maybe I'm weird. lol

Malika

Oh dear, sorry recoveringenabler - I also found this music rather frazzling and irritating.
What is wrong with us? :)

recoveringenabler

Staff member
I was reading the responses underneath the article and it said some folks especially with tinnitus may find it irritating. For me, it does exactly what it says, drops the heart rate and offers much relaxation. Sorry to those it doesn't help! I'm always attempting to find ways to be peaceful, but as in everything, not everything works for everybody!

SuZir

Not my cup of tea either. Made me in fact feel nervous in primary way. I mean as waiting to a bear or tiger to attack from bushes or something. LOL

scent of cedar

I am too keyed up right now to listen. I found myself waiting for it to hurry up and relax me.

:O)

I am going to listen tomorrow morning at meditation. Eight minutes is just about perfect. I will post about what I find.

Thanks for sharing this one, Recovering.

Cedar

scent of cedar

This definitely works. Very helpful. You need to sit with it through the eight minutes for it to work. It isn't especially pleasant to hear, but then, all at once, you realize the colors are changing, your breathing is easier, your face is smiling.

Very nice.

Thank you, Recovering.

Cedar

Malika

On the basis of Scent of Cedar's comment, I gave it another go... and, it's true, after about five minutes I did start to feel... I don't know... expanded and quite peaceful. So there we are. Needed to be more patient.

I will try playing it to J :)

lovemysons

Hi RE,
I didn't listen to all of it but I did play a bit for husband when he was still sleeping yesterday morning...and he looked very peaceful.

I also texted the link to my easy child daughter as she is in massage therapy school right now (along with being in her senior yr of college). I thought this relaxing music might come in handy while she gives massages or just for her own enjoyment...she IS under alot of pressure!

Anyway, thanks for the link.
LMS

SuZir

After reading your experienced (and after my own, rather interesting reaction to it) I gave it another go.

But no, it certainly is not working for me. Instead it keeps making me feel acutely alarmed. And I'm not talking about it just sounding unpleasant, but actual uneasy feeling and making hair on my neck to stand up.

If I would like to go all armchair psychologist, I could say that it may tell something about my subconscious not letting my body to get relaxed and raising alarm when my body tries to relax and lower the mental defence.

But I think I prefer to just conclude that it just is not my cup of tea. ;)

Kathy813

Staff member
At first I thought it was kind of weird and I got bored so I kept it on in the background as I looked at another website. When it came to an end, I realized my breathing had slowed and I didn't want to move. It definitely got me into a relaxed state.

~Kathy

witzend

I think it's like meditation. A person can't just tell their self that if they close their eyes or listen to a particular song they will relax. I can see where it would be relaxing if that is your goal while listening. on the other hand, I found the running commentary at the bottom to be pretty funny. Then again, I'm in a twisted mood today. ;)

susiestar

Roll With It
I am glad it helped some of you. It triggered a MASSIVE migraine at about 3 min in. Took me 2 doses of imitrex and 5 hours to be able to keep them down. Sadly, most music that claims to be amazingly relaxing does that. I had a therapist who insisted on making me listen to something she got from an Indian store, lots of strange sounding instruments. Not only was it highly unpleasant for me, as in it HURT badly, she would not turn it off even when I told her my stomach was lurching, and she ended up with me mostly missing her trash can as I puked. Then I refused to pay her session bill because the cost of the session would be almost enough to cover my migraine medicine. she caved. I didn't go back because if you won't listen to me, I won't listen to you.

Nothing works for everyone, but I am glad it works for some people.

scent of cedar

susiestar, that's awful. I'm so sorry that happened, and so (swear word) grateful I don't have migraines.

I wonder if that is what is happening, to a lesser degree, when SuZir listens?

Good for you, for not paying psychiatric. To this day, I am tempted to go back and try to sue that first-dual diagnostic we brought difficult child daughter to.

Cedar