The mural is finished, finally! Photos

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by TerryJ2, Feb 23, 2008.

1. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

I hope this works ...

2. Shari

Shari IsItFridayYet?

Wow, those are WONDERFUL! Very, very cool.
  3. mum2JK&TH

mum2JK&TH New Member

Wow! They are Beautiful!
  4. Fran

Fran Former Site Owner

Sweet Betsy!!!!!!! Did you paint that yourself?:beautifulthing:.

Amazing. What a gift. Thanks for sharing with us. I am so impressed.:yourock:
  5. SRL

SRL Active Member

Gorgeous! Wow!
  6. Lothlorien

Lothlorien Active Member Staff Member

Wow! Where is this? I must have missed the post about this. What is this for? It's huge! It looks awesome!!
  7. TerryJ2

Thank you. I have rewarded myself with-a pinched nerve in my neck, and a migraine. Ice and Imitrex are my friends ... as is my husband chiro and his massage therapist.
    I am SO glad it's finished.
  8. flutterbee

flutterbee Guest

Very impressive, Terry. Great job!
  9. busywend

busywend Well-Known Member Staff Member

Just awesome!
  10. Suz

Suz (the future) MRS. GERE

Where is this, Terry? How long did it take you to paint it? It's phenomenal!

11. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

WOW!!!! This is amazing!:bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo:
  12. wakeupcall

wakeupcall Well-Known Member

Terry, I'm just speechless!!! It's absolutely beautiful. You are soooo talented!
  13. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

See? I told ya I wasn't the only one who would enjoy seeing the murals.:bigsmile:

OMG Terry, those are amazing!! I love the portrait ones, especially the one where they're carrying the food. Stunning, beautiful, and too darn bad you live so far away and I can't eat at this restaurant. Of course, I might not eat much as I'd be staring at the murals.....but oh, well. lol

14. everywoman

everywoman Active Member

Absolutely amazing!
  15. TerryJ2

Thank you all (and Lisa, for asking). It is in a restaurant near Ft. Eustis in Virginia. They should be opening in March. We were invited to a private dinner last wk, so they could practice, and it's fabulous. They tried out some bellydancers, too. One was very good, the others were so-so. difficult child was the best part of the show, looking in the opposite direction with-every whirl and twirl and shimmy, and finally zipping up his jacket overhis face.
    I've gotten rid of the migraine I rewarded myself with, and am letting the pinched nerve heal ... got a massage on Friday and will get another one next Friday. Somehow I think if I were 25 this wouldn't a problem.
    The owner wants me to do several more rooms, too, but no way am I doing it at the pace he had me do this one. He's a mechanical engineer by training, and very, very, very picky. So your comments feel good.
    Thank you all.
  16. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader

What a beautiful piece of art! Wow. I love each and every view. It's amazing - really took my breath away. Thanks for sharing!
  17. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

I showed the pics to difficult child who loves art, thinking that he would get a kick out of them. His response was to inform me where all of the places in the first picture are (Morrocco, Egypt. Siiiiiiiigh) cause, you know, I'm stupid and all.

So, um, when I get a bigger (ahem....nicer) house once difficult child is on his own........wanna come for a visit??? And maybe, erm....bring your brushes???? I can't pay but I can feed! (And as there is a Breyers ice cream plant here, I can get it much as you want!)

:painter: :yourock: :please:
  18. TerryJ2

Thanks Jo and Mustang.
    Sure, I can do Breyers.
    by the way, tell your smart aleck (ahem) that ALL the places are in Egypt, and that there is one deliberate mistake in the mural: I restored the nose of the great Sphinx, which was blown off around 1300 CE by a Sufi sheik who considered the thing idolotrous. The owner of the restaurant wanted sort of a visual tourism brochure, with-all the perks and none of the negatives. If it had been done for a history museum, I would have been kicked out!
  19. Big Bad Kitty

Big Bad Kitty lolcat

You floored me with your last paintings (the birds) but you have absolutely astounded me this time. Unbelievable!
  20. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

I had always heard that (at least part of the reason) the nose was messed up because of Nazi's shooting at it during WW2. You learn something new every day.

As for the smart mouth........he said Morrocco, Egypt as in Morrocco is IN Egypt.

Erm........Morrocco IS it's own country, isn't it???