The mural is finished, finally! Photos

meowbunny

If you'd like to have a vacation in Florida, come on down, pick a wall, do what you want and I'll entertain you in return. Your work is absolutely beautiful!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I am speechless! Alla has certainly showered you with the gifts of artistic ability!

Absolutely phenominal!

Ephchap

My jaw is literally hanging open. I am in total awe. Wow. You truly have a gift! Thank you so much for sharing. They are all just beautiful !

Deb

TerryJ2

Thank you all.

Mustang, yes, Morocco is its own country, LOL. Think Marrakech, Casa Blanca, and Atlantic Ocean. For Egypt, think pyramids and Mediterranean, Red Sea and Nile. But hey, they're both in the Middle East!
Soon, I will know the differences between their foods. I'll let you know.

TerryJ2

Oh, by the way, funny about the Nazis supposedly blowing off the nose. My husband thought it was Napolean.
It's been gone longer than both of those eras.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Incredible!!

I can't even draw a stick figure. Seriously. You should be very proud of yourself.:D

ps...I'd love to visit the restaurant!

Abbey

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Terry, just curious what the dimensions of the wall are and how long it took you to paint it. I painted a mural on a wall in my dining room a la Rufus Porter style and almost broke my neck but it is very different in technique and not nearly as incredible as yours.

Suz

TerryJ2

Thanks Abbey. :)
Suz, I confess I had to look up Rufus Porter. Aha! folk artist. Neat.
The mural is roughly 4 ft high (above the chair railing) and about 20 ft. long. It took me 2-1/2 wks. I will never do one that fast again. It really wrecked my neck and shoulders. Not that I don't like seeing my husband nearly every day... just that I'd rather go out to eat than get my neck cracked and get electrical stimulant. :whiteflag:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I know what you mean, Terry. I did mine only on weekends but they were long days and I was practically paralyzed at the end of each day.

Suz