The nasty in-laws and an ironic twist that makes me smile

Mom2oddson

difficult child-S has been babysitting for brother in law this week. So we got quite an update from him yesterday.

Lovely In-laws have told difficult child-S that they don't care how she does in school as long as she stays enrolled. (Meaning that they get to keep collecting child support)... and they get offended if we tell anyone that the only reason for them to have difficult child-S is to feather their nest. whatever....

Also, the In-laws are giving difficult child-S a car as long as she stays enrolled in school.

Here is where the Irony of life comes in and where I just sit with the biggest smile....

My Dad bought a car for each of his grandkids. They had a budget set and got to pick out whatever car they wanted. difficult child-S picked out a Toyota Corolla. Three months later, she goes to my Dad and tells him that she doesn't like it anymore. It isn't good enough for her, she deserves better. And my Dad totally agreed with her and said that he thinks it's a great idea for her to go get a job and buy a better car. (love my Dad!)

Well, the in-laws bought her the same exact car down to the year and color!!

brother in law was upset with the in-laws purchase thinking it was a slap in our face. Hahaha.... I've been doing the happy dance all night long. I know how difficult child-S feels about said car and think it's a wonderful twist of fate that she ends up with it again!! Poooor difficult child-S, they didn't get her the beamer that she thinks she so deserves!!!!