The nerve of me...

Having a night out.

AS most of you probably know, I don't go anywhere. Like, ever. To the store and home, to the doctor and home, that's been about it for the past few years.

Now, Tink being in cheerleading has forced me out of my comfort zone, as there are practices and games every week. So when my highschool friend called me up and offered me a ticket to see Robin Williams this Saturday night (no charge, he just does not want to see the ticket go to waste), I actually accepted. Eleventh row, how could I not! There is a group of us going, all friends of his, and his new girlfriend whom I am anxious to meet.

Anyways, so it's not like this was a secret, but I did not go broadcasting it to Tink. Well today, said friend called to finalize plans, and Little-Miss-Has-To-Know-EVERYTHING started to interrogate me. So I told her, mommy is going out with friends. She is going to Nana's house, and Nana is planning on taking her to the lake and renting a canoe.

I guess I missed the memo somewhere. Tink informed me that it is not fair that I am going out. Never mind that it is probably not a kid friendly show, never mind that she would be bored stiff, never mind that HELLO I never speak to grownups with the exception of you guys, never mind that yeah, I just deserve a night out.

Nope. Not fair.

At what point does this child understand that she is not the center of the universe?

klmno

Well, I guess this week is a good time to find out!

but- I do have to differ with you- it sounds to me like your life is getting rather exciting here lately! Let's see, phone calls, date (if you want to call it that :) ), night out with friends to see Robin Williams!! (no way I'd turn that down!)

You deserve it- have a good time- come back and tell us how it went!!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
At what point does this child understand that she is not the center of the universe?

I include my own difficult child AND easy child in my response:

When we stop treating them like they ARE the center of the universe! Hahahahahahahaaaaaa~:tongue:

Enjoy your evening out - will you get to sleep in the next morning? That was always my favorite part of farming out the kiddos when they were little.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
She'll get over it.

I, on the other hand, may not. I happen to adore Robin Williams. Few can make me laugh like that man can. I am soooooooooo jealous!

by the way, so is Tink. You're not supposed to have fun without her. But like I said, she'll get over it. You just make sure you have enough fun for the both of us. :D

Andy

My easy child thinks SHE is the center of the universe. She really is a good babysitter so maybe invite her over to babysit and she and Tink can share notes on what the center of the universe is suppose to be like. No, better not, you don't want Tink learning more things on how to be a DIVA from a pro such as easy child!

I hope you have a GREAT time. Tink will enjoy the time with Nana - she just doesn't know it yet.

Here's to good times being yourself for awhile!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Awww...sounds like a load of fun!!! Tink will get over it. Maybe...just maybe they come to realize that YOU have a life, too.

Abbey

trinityroyal

BBK, my Grannie had a phrase for just such an occasion, "Like it or lump it".

You are going to go and have tons of fun. Tink will go to her Nana's and also have tons of fun. Whether it's "fair" or not for Mommy to go out and have fun without her isn't the question. The fact is that you're going to. Personally, I think you need to do things just for you more often.

Have a blast!

Trinity

'Chelle

:surprise: OMG how DARE you BBK ------ I mean how dare you get a free ticket to see Robin Williams and not take MEEEEE :sad-very: I LOVE Robin Williams. Lucky you and I hope you have lots of fun and laugh so hard you pee your pants :laugh::tongue:

I just had a similar talk with my easy child yesterday, that sorry sometimes mom gets to have a bit of a life for herself. I have joined a TOPS chapter and there's a thing on Saturday (9 till 3) I want to go to with the group. easy child has swimming lessons on Sat. mornings and husband will probably not take her (won't get started on THAT one). I was going to not go Saturday and take easy child to lesson, but then I said NOPE. I'm finally going to start doing at least one thing for me. The last 14 years have not included very much of that, so it's time for a change. And if easy child has to miss a lesson, that's not on me, it's on husband who has no excuse not to take her other than he doesn't want to.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Enjoy your night out and enjoy the fact that I AM INCREDIBALLY JEALOUS!!! My best friend in high school and I used to drive around listening to "A night at the met" over and over and over...we could quote the whole thing.

"Oh really captain herbal life? You just macrameed your arse to my sofa and you're telling me...."

And "those are the people who eat kitty litter and say 'its real crunchy'".

Oh yeah, I'm jealous.

Have a great time!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'd SOOOOOOOOOO non-chalant this with her.....

ENJOY YOUR TIME - HE IS MY FAVORITE (next to Eddie Izzard)

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
time for the Little Princess to learn the phrase "Say la Vie" LOL

Have a great time, you deserve a night out!!!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
:you_go_girl:

by the way.....You'll be hearing Tink's whine ad infinitum unless you can nip it in the bud now. Remind her that just as she has a life away from you, so are you entitled to one away from her as well.

Have a blast!

Suz

Wiped Out

Staff member
How cool is that? Getting to see Robin Williams is so great! Tink will get over it but my difficult child is the same way!

Thanks, everyone! I wish I could take you all with me.

Know what, this morning she was measurably better about the whole thing. I think that she sometimes needs to process things, and she simply cannot control the initial flying-off-the-handle. She needs to learn to cope better with things that she find unpleasant. Could you see her at her first job?

"Ms. Tink, I'd like you to finish filing these."

*fall on floor, kick off sensible pumps, scream 'I hate you so much you big jerk!'*

Yeah. Like a wet fart in church, that would go over.

KTMom91

Oh, no, BBK...that's exactly how I see Miss KT at work...except that there would be several choice four-letter words tossed in there...and probably inappropriate finger waving.