The nerve !

shellyd67

On my day off from our family business, husband gave me a quick call at home and proceeds to say the following :

husband: Hey babe how are you ?

ME: Good, and you ?

husband: Well .... don't get too upset but one of our customers made a really nasty comment about you today but I took care of it. ( he then proceeds to tell me the following)

Mr. So and So comes in and comments on the back room of the mechanics offices being a mess. husband kind of laughs it off and says he has no time to straighten it up.

Mr. So and So says why not have the girl who is in the office clean it up ( I am not in work at the time but Mr. So and So apparently knows me from other visits)

So husband laughs and says she is busy while she is here with more important things and Mr. So and So says, " I would tell her to clean it up but she is too BIG for me to mess with"

husband says who my wife is too big ? (very nastily from what his brothers told me)

Mr. So and So apologizes and decided to walk out. husband says, please do not return Jack A** !!!

Mr So and So had NO right regardless of WHO I am and what my size is !!! I am more than PO'D

husband only told me because other people were present and he didn't want me to get wind of it and be embarrassed if someone mentioned it ...

WOW :thumbsdown:

buddy

YEAH for husband! What a jerk that guy was, but husband put him in his place. Sounds like he was super inappropriate and needed a lesson and he got it.

DDD

The customer (er, former customer) is suffering from "foot in mouth" disease. Chances are he won't recover. Too bad. Soo Sad.

Meanwhile let it roll like water off a duck's back. Don't give him the satisfaction of even thinking about it! Hugs DDD

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
WTH is with people like this? I get comments that I must be dumb because I am blonde (never directly to me, o/c). And people wonder why I dye my hair.

*HUGS* GRRRR. And Kudos to husband!!!

susiestar

Roll With It
Grrrrrrr. Someone sure proved he was an idiot. Kudos to husband for standing up to him and for telling you so you don't get surprised if someone else makes a comment. I know that hearing what was said wasn't anything you would want, but at least someone else won't be able to get a big reaction by telling you in public.

DammitJanet

Yay for husband! nobody says that about me within earshot of my boys either. I will never forget one time when Jamie was about oh 8 years old and he was still in flag football. The kids on the other team were teasing him about his big fat mom. He was just stewing. When they went into the bathroom at half time I could see he was very upset. They really ganged up on him like 5 or 6 to one. Cory was on the same team at the time and came out and told me. I went over to him and told him it was okay and they werent upsetting me and to not let it ruin the game for him. Well when the next half started he went out there and literally took everyone of those boys down like it was tackle football. Tony went over to the coach and told him what they had done in the bathroom because they had also pushed him around and hit him too. So they let him pound them down, one at a time, into the dirt and as he did he told them...thats for my momma.

I was never so proud of him...lol.

skeeter

When my son was in the Navy (you'd think they would know better by that time) evidently the "your mama" jokes were big. Finally he'd had it up to here with them and told them off with "you've never seen my mother, she's probably older than yours (I was 29 when he was born), but looks more like my girlfriend than my mom".

Good kid.

shellyd67

Thanks everyone. I am fairly thick skinned at this point in my life so it really didn't bother me too much ...

I was more apalled at the fact that this guy thought he had the right ... Karma is all I can say ...

donna723

I have a feeling this guy probably manages to offend everyone! Totally clueless! To say nothing of rude, crude and insensitive. I worked for 40+ years and this is so offensive on so many levels! It's none of his business if an office is "messy", but to then suggest that "the girl" in the office should be responsible for cleaning up the mess that the men had made? OMG! That pushes ALL of my buttons! I would have been all over him with a vengence! And then he makes a remark about your appearance? Totally over the top! I know what I would have said to him but the censors would get me! No business needs a customer like that!

shellyd67

Oh I know that too Donna ! How dare him say I should clean up after 3 messy guys that leave **** everywhere !!

I do keep my office spit shined only because that is how I like it !

southermama3

Wth!!! Freaking jacka$$!!!!

Ive had experiences like this. When I was a teen my first visit to the gyno. I'm n there spread eagle and being violated. Dr says: what's ur major in college going to be?
Me: paramedic/RN so I could be a flightmedic
Dr: you need to realize no dr or ems service will hire a fat nurse or paramedic.
That nurse gave him a look of death bc she wasn't paper thin.

WTF makes ppl think they have the right to criticize a woman by her size. Analyze us by our intelligence not pant size!

donna723

Well I'm not "paper thin" anymore either and I'm old enough to have a grandchild. So far nobody's been rude enough (or brave enough!) to say something like that to me. But if they ever, did I would say something like, "Excuse me but I don't remember asking for your approval!"

Ktllc

His stupidity is two fold: against size and women altogether! The second one, I am VERY sensitive to. I am confronted to it on a regular basis because our business is a men's world.
I answer the phone once and it went something like that:
me: "hello, (name of our business)"
the guy: "Hello, could I please talk to the owner"
me: "speaking"
the guy: "No, the man in charge"
me: "I am the owner, how can I help you?"
CLUNK: he hung up.
Grrr... even through the phone it still gets me going.
I'm glad your husband stood up for you, my husband is usually pretty clueless until I replay the scenario for him, and then he goes "oh... I see now".