The never ending search for inexpenive Mother's Day gifts -

Star*

call 911........call 911
Loth -

Probably know this already - but the BEST time to buy patio furniture is at the END of Summer. I got a Martha Stewart glass top, hex set with six chairs - and umbrella (years ago) used it once, then put in my shed covered for the day my patio was rebuit - and it cost over $600.00 - I found it one day at Kmart - walked in - and the sale price - because of incoming Christmas and Fall items - Was $225.00 I got it - everyone thought I was nuts - but I will NEVER loose money on it. I have gotten similar deals at Family Dollar for those little round plastic ones - with chairs and a smaller umbrella from a place called Harbor Freight. I think the total cost of table with 4 chairs and umbrella was $20.00 The umbrella stand was $15 - I found it at goodwill for $2.00 -so I can fold it up and take it to flea markets if I need to as an extra table.

A thought also - if you still have the table? Could you get him to cut a piece of Luan (thin wood) and stain it or cover it with a cover for this summer to get by? Plexiglass would be ridiculously expensive - and I know everyone doesn't appreciate redneck technology - but when you have no money - you don't say redneck - you say repurpose.

InsaneCdn

Ya don't need plexi-glass.
If yer talking creative... how about... cedar? or even those engineered wood planks they make for decks? And get yersel' a custom-made top that's non-destructible and easy-care?

Lothlorien

I think he tossed it. husband is handy. I was hoping that he could have done something like that. He could have fashioned some metal and I could have gotten cheap 12x12 tiles to put in the middle. I'll have to ask him if he tossed the frame or if he stuck it in the storage shed.

BusynMember

I already told hub that all I want for mothers day is a t-shirt with pictures of all of my loved ones on it. It would cost $10.50. If daughter, who always gives me the heads up, says he's getting something else, I will get THIS for myself. If he does get it, I'm going to take pictures of all my furbabies and get another t-shirt with THEM on it :)

Star*

call 911........call 911
MWM have you checked out any of the places like VISTA print or SNap fish ? They've been running a bunch of specials.......

I hope, think I might get at least a phone call/email from difficult child 1 and difficult child 2. It would make me so happy but I know better then to count on anything, especially from difficult children! I'm betting easy child/difficult child 3 doesn't acknowledge the day in any way. I think I'll buy myself an inexpensive hanging plant for the deck, something with pink, maybe purple flowers... One of the prior tenants left a plant hanger out there and I've got to try to make this place feel a bit like I belong here. SFR