The new grill

mstang67chic

Going Green
....is assembled! husband got it done today in about the same amount of time as our friend R said it takes him. The reason for this? *snort* Because I helped! (And husband freely admits this) R came over after work and helped with two minor things but otherwise we got it completely done on our own with no injuries, broken tools or much blue language. Actually, about 98% of the language was from me because a bit I was using kept falling out. (I'm not a very patient person! LOL)

Of course husband and R had to stand there for awhile admiring it, drinking a couple of beers and playing with it. I took the opportunity to snap a picture. There are two in this folder....one when it was almost halfway done and one after it was finished. husband is on the left and R is on the right.

http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/jj161/mstang67chic/Grill/

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Awww, it's so purty! Do I detect a glint of emotional moisture in husband's eye? ;) You'd better get him sumthin' to grill FAST -- that man's got a spatula in his hand and he's not afraid to use it!!!

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Okay stang, that's the first grill I've seen with a rear view mirror.......does that mean you will be taking it on the road? Check out the finished grill picture, maybe a motorcycle parked behind it? Looks great, I can smell the steaks already......

F

flutterbee

Very nice. All I can say is I'm glad it wasn't me putting that thing together. :D

mstang67chic

Going Green
Okay stang, that's the first grill I've seen with a rear view mirror.......does that mean you will be taking it on the road? Check out the finished grill picture, maybe a motorcycle parked behind it? Looks great, I can smell the steaks already......

:rofl: Actually that is one big honking LCD light. Ya know....for those times you feel the need to grill at 2 in the morning! (it bends too!) LOL They insisted I take the picture with all the lights on (notice the purty lights around the knobs?) to get the full effect.

As for the party.........with the size of the cooking surface on that monster, I think I could easily feed a third world country! I'm sure husband will come up with some excuse for a party before the year is up.

Ugh.

Now that I think about it.........R is having a party on Labor Day weekend and we are supposed to take the grill so he has two to cook with. I'm sooooooo not helping load that thing into a truck.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Very nice. All I can say is I'm glad it wasn't me putting that thing together. :D

Honestly, while it did take a while, it wasn't that bad. The instructions were pretty good and had lots of pictures. I wasn't there when husband started on it and he said the worst part was finding all of the parts. They weren't really packed in any specific order. You basically had to unpack everything and lay it out to see what you had. (No boxes marked #1 of skirting assembly, etc.)

Granted, I wouldn't want to do this often but I could do it again with not much problem if I had to.