The Newest Grandchild is....

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Oliver Gideon

Nichole is due the beginning of august. The females in the family all sort of wanted a girl to even things up a bit........But obviously someone up above had other plans.

Although since baby Conner was born in august too.........and easy child goes a bit nuts in the wardrobe dept.........Nichole will have an entire wardrobe for the new baby for free to use. lol Guess that works.

Aubrey got to see the ultrasound.........once glimpse of the baby and she was less than impressed with the picture. lol Well they aren't the clearest things in the world (although far better than back when I had the kids) to be honest.

This baby is being named after his paternal great grandfather. Not surprising as Nichole was always papa's girl.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
LOl - yeah. Even the internal ultrasounds aren't really very clear. I know people go nuts, but... I honestly don't see the point! So Aubrey is in good company.

So I have a question - as long as it isn't ruffly and lacy - does Nichole care about baby clothes???

DammitJanet

Another boy! I guess you all got lucky to get Aubrey! LOL.

We are waiting anxiously to see what this one will be.

Step...there is a huge difference in baby clothes. As the grandma to both boys and girls....girls are more fun to shop for in my opinion. Maybe that comes from having 3 boys to shop for my entire life. Maybe if I had raised 3 girls I would be more in love with shopping for little boys clothes...who knows but for me, I love all the pink and purple shiny stuff. Of course, I have at least one who is a diva, princess, ballerina, fishing loving, race car fan, but wants it all in pink! Though she has given in on the racing...she likes Kyle Busch because he drives the M&M car...lol and his name starts with K...K for Keyana and K for Kyle!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Errrr... A onesie is a onesie, right?! (After that, yes, there's a bit of difference... But my kid will likely be dressed in the tiniest pair of sweatpants known to man... If I have to sew them myself!)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Not really no. She's not picky. boyfriend was bugging her about the few things she's picked up as they're fairly gender neutral (no lacy ruffles) and a couple of pink things like onsies.........Nichole said baby could wear them anyway....baby wouldn't know the difference. lol

I can make out a lot on ultrasounds (fetal that is) because I've seen so darn many of them over the years from my own kids (with both Travis and Nichole each doctor visit included an ultrasound due to high risk factors), families kids, friends kids, and now grandkids. But unless the tech happens to catch a really good shot or two......you really can't make out a whole lot for someone not used to looking at them, let alone a 4 yr old who probably though it would be like tv. lol Darrin had the same reaction with Brandon and Conner.

I went in with them for it so when Aubrey grew bored I could take her back into the waiting room with easy child and the boys. And I wanted to see the baby too of course. lol

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Yup onesies are onesies. lol

I had Travis to buy for........and then all these grandsons, and while it's still fun to buy the clothes, I've got to say girl's stuff is just made cuter. Not to mention there is a wider variety and more selection overall for girls than for boys. And then later on when you're spoiling them...........it is just soooooo much more fun to buy the girl stuff. (it doesn't hurt that I know exactly what they'd like at each stage either lol )

Don't get me wrong..........I spoil the grandsons rotten every chance I get too. It just seems somewhat harder to do than with the girls.

Like right now we're trying to come up with a "collection" for Darrin. Nana collects old food tins from the late 1800's-early 1900's and I have them displayed on my cabinet tops. Well Darrin wants something to collect so bad that he started collecting my empty cigarette cartons. (hard box he thinks the flap is cool) So we had a "discussion" on how nana would prefer he found something that interests him other than *cough* trash.........so we're working on ideas. He's Army obsessed to the max........but was trying to find something a bit different to peak his interest. I can name off like 20 things without much thought for Aubrey..........and come up empty for him. Know what I mean??

DammitJanet

Oh they make tiny sweatpants. In pink and blue and all others in between. I dont know about preemie but I know they do in at least the 0-3 months. I imagine if you look in some specialty stores you could find them in the really preemie sizes but Im a walmart gal.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
The heck with specialty. I'm a walmart/goodwill type of gal, myself!!! Even Target is too expensive, anymore...

DammitJanet

Lisa...amen. I can think of dozens of things for Keyana but then the child practically lives with me. I really really want to make Mikey my NASCAR buddy but I have no idea if that will work because I have so little to do with them. I plan on getting him NASCAR stuff for every holiday but will that stick? I dunno. Will his parents be able to get it across to him that Grandma loves racing and she wants this to be a thing with you? I dunno. I want to be able to see little collectible things and send him for his room but I have no idea if Billie and Jamie would even do it.

Hailie...I got no clue. Maybe etiquette lessons? Or should I save for therapy.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Collections... Wow, there are ALL KINDS of things like Army pins, patches, stickers... Branch out, get 'em for the other services, too!

And, Janet? yes. For her AND Mikey.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Hailie...I got no clue. Maybe etiquette lessons? Or should I save for therapy.

:rofl: :rofl:

Perhaps that wouldn't be a bad idea. lol

Walmart has the sweatpants in preemie.......actually they have a lot of preemie stuff. And Step you can always go to the outlet mall too. They have Carters ect and if you hit a good sale day you can get stuff really cheap.

Darrin is my big time bud. Always has been, always will be. Me and him are like me and my grandma were, which is really nice. Aubrey and I are getting that way super fast too. But even knowing things he likes........it still makes it hard. Of course I'm trying to broaden his horizons a tad too. Being an Army dude is ok. It gives him something to bond with papa with......and he really needs that. (papa gave him some old medals of his and Darrin bout busted with pride) But Darrin has obsessive tendencies so I'd like to see him branch out more. He isn't autistic......but does display many traits. Which is what sort of worries me over the empty cigarette cartons.......don't want him to start collecting trash or I'll have a little hoarder on my hands. lol

I see your problem with Mikey. A shame too. I have the same problem with Katie's kids were I to do something to help bond them to me in a special way........ugh Makes it really hard.

susiestar

Roll With It
Congratulations on the baby!! It is so cool to see them wiggling around on the ultrasound. For a long time I was jealous because a cousin's wife was told to bring a vhs tape (blank) to the ultrasound and she got forty five minutes of live in utero baby pics. Her husband was dang lucky because a few years later he accidentally taped a ball game over it - lucky that his mom had a copy so his wife didn't kill him! I have never heard of anyone getting video ultrasound pics but they sure were cool to watch - the first time.

It sounds like Aubrey is pretty typical in her reaction. Wiz was about 3 when I had the ultrasound with Jessie. He was insistent that it was not just a boy, but a BOY T-REX!!! It was cute. My biggest ultrasound problem was Jessie. We couldn't keep her away from the computer in the room as we waited for the tech to come in. Then she wanted to know why the baby wasn't talking to her - the people on tv always talk to you, after all. She really tried to get the tech to let her "fix" the monitor so the sound would come back (cause clearly it was broken - who would make a tv with-o sound?).

Have you ever thought about giving birth to a T-Rex? I PITY my son when his future SO gets preggers. She is going to hear ALL of this - including his plans to get the dang dinosaur out before he "gobbled me up" - HIS words.

It is awesome that Nichole can have the use of the baby clothes from Connor.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Hmmmmm... I wonder if I could get the IVF clinic to make a DVD for me... So I can bore the child to tears when they learn to say NO... Oooh... OR... When they start saying I don't love them... I can show them WHAT I WENT THROUGH to have them!!!!!

donna723

Congratulations on your newest grandson!

I had so much fun dressing my daughter up when she was little! They make so many nice things for little girls! But then when my son came along, I was so disappointed trying to shop for really cute things for him. There would be racks and racks of cute little pink ruffley things for girls, and maybe one rack of boys clothes shoved off in a corner! When my daughter was first pregnant, I found myself checking out all those little pink dresses in the stores. But when they found out he was a boy, I was a little disappointed but I was thrilled for them because I knew they really wanted a boy. I think the clothes they have for boys are nicer now than they used to be. Except for when he was a tiny newborn, Ethan has hardly ever worn typical "baby clothes". Most of his clothes have always been the same as older kids wear - jeans and t-shirts and sweats. She finds some really, really cute things for him.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
His, hers. I really don't care, so long as he or she is healthy. And implants properly at the end of next month.

Congratulations Grandma...I love it that you a grandson named Conner- spellled with an "er". One of my kids has that exact name and he says I spelled it wrong. He knows so many Connor's spelled with an "or". He thinks his is wrong.

Anyway, I guess Nicole won't have to buy clothes ever! I love the name Oliver, very cool! Congratulations Nicole and boyfriend!