The next meeting.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Well, tomorrow is the next big day. If you can spare a good thought or a nekkid chicken dance or a prayer, Wee and I would appreciate it. He really wants to go to school.

I was also told tonight that SpEd Dir has made a sudden decision to retire, and this person said it seems she can't get out of there fast enough. This person was not aware of our current situation at school, so...interesting...

Anyway...I pray tomorrow things start moving in an appropriate direction.

susiestar

Roll With It
Prepping for the dance as we speak....

At your last meeting the school attorney seemed to suddenly realize he had been fed a pack of bs about you. He also then agreed with much of what you said/asked for.

Makes me wonder if he started wondering at how the school thought they could legally do the things they were doing, and started poking around in the files of the sp ed students and found something BIG that the sp ed dir had done or allowed to happen that puts the school at ENORMOUS risk.

Cause otherwise it sure seems funny.

Regardless, I sure hope the school is willing to give you everything Wee needs, and not just on paper! They are doing Wee a grave dis-service by keeping him out of school so much and by the shameful ways they treated him in the past.

This would be a good time to bring up training of the paras (and how to make sure they are paras and not just someone hired who has no experience with kids or sp ed) and when they are to get the info in the IEP. Make sure that someone will go over the IEP with them, rather than just handing it to them, so that the para truly understands what the IEP says is supposed to happen.

Go Get Em!!

KTMom91

I'll be dancing with kindergarteners instead of panthers tomorrow...hope you get everything Wee needs to be successful!

LittleDudesMom

Good luck Shari! Wee deserves and needs to be in school. It's time for the BS to cease. I think you are approaching some changes. Fingers crossed!

Sharon

slsh

member since 1999
Shari - I hope the mtg goes well. I think you've made a lot of headway with- the SD, and hopefully they can get things nailed down finally for you guys today. Will be thinking of you!