The pies are

tiredmommy

almost made for Thursday. I just need to make a chocolate pudding pie. Plus, the house is starting to come together for the family get together on Saturday. I'll finish the living room tomorrow morning. Pop into the school for Duckie's little Thanksgiving play and feast, have dinner and scrub the kitchen. That leaves some laundry, the mudroom, a trip to the grocer for some produce and a few Christmas decorations to be put out for Saturday.
Happy Thanksgiving! :thanksgiving1:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sounds like things are coming together! :thanksgiving:I still have a lot to do but figure somehow it will all get done. Most of the grocery shopping is done. I still need to get some paper products (so there won't be dishes to do-at least not as many). I also have all the cooking to do-probably I'll get up early tomorrow before work and make the twice baked potatoes! Oh yeah and still some cleaning-but it's getting there! :thanksgiving2:

meowbunny

Well, the surgery changed my plans a bit. I was going to make everything from scratch but decided that would be a very bad idea. So, will make the turkey and stuffing myself, buy the side dishes as much as possible tomorrow and then see exactly what I have to make. The pies are now Mrs. Smith's (glad she makes good pies). The 4 salads are down to one and I hope no one notices that there is no ambrosia salad. The house won't be spotless but the dishes will be gleaming and the crystal will sparkle.

So, while not the typical Thanksgiving, it will be good. There will be new friends at the table, new blessings and prayers. There will be a farewell for a friend who will be leaving in the middle of it all to fly home. There will be enough food for a two armies. Hopefully, there will be many laughs. No matter, it will be a day of thanks.

G

guest3

mmmmm I buy my mashed turnips in the trays, yuuuummmmm gone are the days of a hammer and chisel for turnips! :hammer:

Well, tonight I have to clean out my fridge, to make some more room for all the food. The shopping is done, except for the baked goods, I'll go to the bakery this morning before work. I'm looking forward to spending the day with my family-we always go to the movies after we eat. It's our tradition. -Alyssa

LittleDudesMom

I'm not hosting Thanksgiving but I am cooking! Bonehead and the kids (plus easy child's boyfriend) will be going to grandmas house and I will be going to my cousins to have dinner with her and my aunt and uncle :thanksgiving2:

But, we are turkey sandwich/leftover lovers here so I will be cooking a turkey breast while I am at my cousins. I am making my mom's sausage stuffing while watching the parade - that is a tradition. I have yeast rolls, mashed pot and peas as well for the "leftover" meal feel!!

Then Saturday, I will be hosting a dinner here at my house. I'm trying out a new recipe - pound chicken breast then make a filling of light cream cheese, green onion, and tart dried cherries. Roll the chick then place in a baking dish. Meanwhile, you put some brown suger, a chopped orange, cherry preserves and a little orange juice and make a "glaze" to pour over the chicken right before it's done. I thought it sounded really good so I'm going to try.

I'll use Friday to prep and set the dinning room table. I have been hosting this formal dinner the Sat after Thanksgiving for about seven years now. It is the start of the holiday season :rudolph:

Hope we are all smiling at the end of the today :smile:

Sharon

goldenguru

Doing ALL of my cooking today.

All I'll have to do tomorrow is stick the turkey in the oven and make gravy just before dinner. I like my Thanksgiving to be as restful as possible.

My mouth is already watering. LOL.

busywend

I will be baking up a storm this afternoon! Then boyfriend and I are having chicken french and garlic penne...yum!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
:thanksgiving2: Turkey is pretty much the norm in our house (or out) and this year is no different!

Last night, we went and bought our fresh free Range turkey (no additives, etc) and all the fixins. I still have to pick up a few other items after work today - we're getting out EARLY!

I also make most everything tonight or at least prep it so it's ready to just pop into the oven. So, I will make the stuffing, cut and peel the acorn squash and prepare it in a casserole dish, along with the Sweeeeeeet Potato Pie, & grean beans. I won't make the mashed potatoes till tomorrow though. What's real nice is that I can cook the squash in the micro and then just stick it in the oven for a few minutes to brown and get all gooey. We're also making some crescent rolls. I have to pick up some wine later too.

My nephew may be joining us, not sure yet, so it will be maybe 5-6 of us total. My turkey is a 12 lbs-er, that's enough right?

:thanksgiving1: