The plan for ....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
ktbug who's been in Residential Treatment Center (RTC) for exactly 30 days. Mental health CM met with me yesterday (stopped in here because he had to see the remodel & wanted to know this & that).

Saying that, he's timing kt's discharge @ 5 months - likely late November, early December so we do not lose our CADI waiver. Harder & harder to get; you lose it if you're not back into the community & using it within 6 months.

CM informed Residential Treatment Center (RTC) therapist (who hates feeling pressured but understands the process). Next week kt & I will be starting family therapy.

Right now kt is focusing on physical & emotional boundaries along with issues of loss & grief. psychiatrist has allowed me this month to grieve & asked staff to contact me only as necessary. ktbug gets one call home a day.

In the meantime, while there were no charges filed, the young man kt contacted to hurt wm is not moving back into the same home as wm. This young man is beyond devastated as is wm (who isn't in on the situation). However, decisions - harsh ones were made & this young man is 22. A very troubled, emotionally young 22.

This just boggles my mind.

susiestar

Roll With It
It sounds like the CM has his eyes on the right things. Good to know the CADI rules. Losing that would be a real problem.

I am sorry kt wanted to hurt wm. I know that must be devastating emotionally for you.

I hope that you can work through a lot in family therapy and ktbug can be safe at home again.

many hugs,

Susie

Wiped Out

Staff member
I like that the psychiatrist gave you a month with little contact. I'm so sorry for what happened with kt wanting to hurt wm. I'm praying the time in the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) will be a positive one for kt and that she will show much growth during this time. (((hugs)))

mstang67chic

Going Green
I too am glad you got this month. Sounds like a good plan and I hope much can be accomplished in the time frame.

I'm so sorry that Kt felt this was the route to go with dealing with Wm. Sometimes, after reading about the Tweedles or seeing things in my difficult child....I just want to track down bios and shake them till their heads pop off, or worse, while yelling at them "Do you KNOW what you've done?" It's entirely possible that I could one day meet difficult child's BM and I hope I never do. From what I've heard, there's a part of her that has started to realize the damage she's done to some of her offspring but I still have no desire to be in the same room as her. It's bad enough for me that I know she's in the same STATE.

Ugh.

Anyway...good vibes going out that good things happen. Hugs.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well, I hope the next 3-4 months are productive for KT. I'll keep my fingers crossed that therapy with her next week is helpful and healing in so many ways.

I guess I'm not surprised that the 22yo is so clueless about the home switch. He was clueless about what he was getting into, so there's your first sign. :hammer: With difficult child's, age is no guarantee of maturity (ahem, not that I married anyone immature or anything... :tongue:)

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
This time will go fast for you. I am crossing fingers that therapy between the two of you can help heal KT and let her feel the safety again. With all that has happened in these past few months she needs to work on a lot within herself.
You also need to feel like she can handle herself a bit better in a home environment.
I am so sorry for her feelings towards WM.

The loss of the sibling bond can be so devastating. it caused me and my Brother to do some very cruel things to each other.

I hope this goes well for all of you