The Rainbow Bridge

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I called the vet this morning a few minutes before I knew they'd be open for office hours and arranged to bring her in. She couldn't go under her own power. Travis had to carry her. The vet was kind enough to get her in before his other appointments started. Soon as he saw her he knew there was nothing else that could be done. She was in congestive heart failure, her time had come and she was just suffering at that point.

Because being there was stressing her, he gave her a strong sedative that they give the dogs before surgery and dosed it for a 150 lb dog hoping it would work more quickly for her. It didn't. She was struggling so to breathe that it took longer than normal for the shot to work, but finally she rested her head in my arns, relaxed.

She crossed over the bridge with my arms around her and went peacefully to the other side. I am so glad I was able to be there for her up to the very end. The vet had to leave the room because he was starting to cry. The vet tech was crying. I was crying. We hugged Molly and each other.

Her suffering is over and she is with Fred and mother in law and a long line of other well loved furbabies.

My eyes are leaky, but I'm not falling apart. I knew in both my heart and my head it was the right choice, it was time for her to go. I already miss her terribly though. :sad::crying:

Molly, my baby who never realized she was a dog and not human blessed endless lives.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Molly with Aubrey

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd204/Lisaisqueen/Mollybabysitting.gif

Molly at a year or two old

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd204/Lisaisqueen/mymolly2.jpg

Molly with Nichole (age 14)

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd204/Lisaisqueen/mollynicholekissin.jpg

Molly wearing the infamous xmas bells.......was never xmas time until Molly put on her bells

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd204/Lisaisqueen/DSC00004.jpg

I could probably do a million more.........but these show the "person" she was.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
I'm so sorry Lisa, your post brought tears to my eyes..............the pics are great, thanks for sharing them.............many gentle hugs for you........

witzend

I'm so sorry, Lisa. I know how difficult this is.

I hope that Molly and Bubba will romp and play together today.

Mom2oddson

Many hugs! I'm so sorry you have to go through this. But I'm sure the pleasure she gave you all these years is worth the pain of missing her now.

Jody

I am so sorry. She was just precious. What kind gentle eyes. Definately a little lover. I am glad that you were with her, and I am glad that she isn't suffering anymore. SHe's having fun with Fred and you mother in law. I am sorry for your loss, it's hard and it can creep up on you when you least expect it. Many hugs.

Calamity Jane

What a face on her! It looks like she could just open up her mouth and start talking right to you - what eyes! Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss, and I truly know how it feels. Thank God you were with her all the way - she's a lucky girl and she's with a lot of friends and relatives now, and you'll see her again someday. What a sweetheart. Big cyber hugs of understanding coming your way.

DammitJanet

Oh Lisa Im so sorry. She looks exactly like I pictured her in my mind. I have absolutely no doubt she is with Fred and your mother in law right now. I have a feeling my Lady and Heidi met her too with wagging tails and kisses. Because of your posts I have been thinking of them so they probably came to meet her. Come to think of it, they probably brought my Dad with them because he is sucker for dogs so now my Dad is meeting your folks! How cool is that?

cubsgirl

I read this and started crying - I looked at the precious pictures and started crying harder. I'm so sorry for your loss ((hugs))

donna723

I'm in tears here too Lisa. I am so very sorry and I know how much your whole family will miss her. But I am a very firm believer in the rainbow bridge too and I know that their spirits go on after they pass, just like ours do. She is now pain free and romping like a puppy, happy to see Fred and others that she loved in this life. If it had to happen, I'm so glad that she got to pass peacefully, snuggled in your arms. Hugs, my friend.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Molly was an absolute doll and even though I only met her a couple of times... Well, I don't normally like dogs so you know what that means!

Like Fred she will always be with you. :hugs: and I am in tears, too... It is SO hard but it was the right thing. As you know.