The reality of prisons. Please dont read if you dont want to know.

donna723

Honestly? Because most of them in the program were smarta** little weinies who had a problem with authority figures! They just couldn't hack it. Some did make it and did very well but a lot of them chose to drop out. I would never agree with reinstating the military draft system. But a generation or two ago a great many young men who were headed in the wrong direction finally did their growing up in an Army boot camp after being drafted!

savior no more

He tells me he sleeps all day, plays cards, has not been outside since he got there (he's in the medical unit), claims that because he's in medical they don't let them outside

My son is currently in county jail and has been before for 7 months. He related he cannot be a trustee due to being on psychotropic medication.

jude-in-nj

I think it's terrible for their already sometimes fragile mental health. My son suffers from depression... I would think withholding basic human needs such as being outside would be detrimental to theur mental health.
I spoke to my son last night and luckily he has been cleared from medical and is now in a minimum security unit. He said they are supposed to go outside every other day so we shall see.