The Results Are In!

LittleDudesMom

Wonderful news! I didn't want to share this before, but my brother and his wife called me in tears, 13 years ago, because they had just come from their ultrasound and the doctor found some things that led him to believe their child might have DS and recommended amnio. My sister in law was scared as she had read about the risks to both the mother and the baby. I asked her if the amnio showed DS, what would they do with that information? Their reply was "nothing". So I said, "don't have it" then if you are so worried (and she was petrified of having amnio). Throughout the remainder of the pregnancy the doctor prepared them for DS.

On April Fool's Day, three weeks early, my DS-free niece Isabella was born!

What an April Fool's prank she was!!!!!

Sharon

J

joneshockey

I didn't want to have the amnio done, because I knew that it wouldn't change anything. However, my husband insisted that I have it done. It was a pretty horrible exprience to go thru, but I am glad that everything seems to have turned out well. I also participated in a research study that compares blood test results to amnio results. I guess they are trying to create a blood test that give exact results so that pregnant mom's don't have to go thru the amnio test. All that was required of me was to give 3 additional viles of blood. I was happy to participate. They also gave me a $25 gift card to Target as a thank you gift.