The school called to tell me- They can't locate my daughter

lizanne2

thanks all. I think I have gotten my signature done.

There will be a consequnce. Saturday morning detention. The Dean of Students was understanding. He was her track coach last year. they have a pretty good relationship. i do think that the school is underestimating the level of depression and anxiety that is taking hold. Heck, I am also. easy child/difficult child had a good day and has been given another safe place to be when school is too difficult.

Now it is my turn to get some good help(counsellor/psyche) and then have the medication talk. I too am feeling overwhelmedby the two difficult children competting for my attention and support.

But thanks to this board......making it through.

Marguerite

I still think punishment for this is inappropriate. She asked for help, she was refused. She really didn't have many options. Do they give detention to the school nurse also?

Of course she shouldn't have just walked out, but under the circumstances at the time, she didn't have much option. She knew the right thing to do, she was just left without being able to do it. The purpose of punishment is to teach (and reinforce) the right way to behave. And she already knows this. The system needs to make sure that when she does choose to behave the right way, that obstacles won't be put in her path.

I'm glad she has another safe place now.

Marg

eekysign

As another gal on metformin (for PCOS, not diabetes), that's utterly unacceptable. I'm luckily one of the few people it doesn't mess with TOO badly, but as I slowly upped my doses to therapeutic -ugh! Every time I bumped it up a notch, there were two weeks of nausea and distress!

Thank god, it's all sorted itself out with time. I can't imagine feeling like that for very long. Made me grumpy, too. I would have barreled right past any nurse that didn't let me in. :)