The school principal called....

Discussion in 'Special Ed 101' started by Jules71, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Jules71

Jules71 Warrior Mom since 2007

Left a voice message just saying to call back. Called back and got voice mail & left a message.

Love sitting here wondering wth happened! My imagination can come up with all kinds of possible scenarios. Ughh.

:backingout:

2. InsaneCdn

InsaneCdn Well-Known Member

3. Jules71

4. Jules71

I just noticed I posted this in Special Education. Didn't mean to do that.

5. Jules71

So it ended up being that during a 5 minute break in class when there was no teacher/adult in the room, another kid was sitting down pretending to be Santa and my son tripped and landed in his lap. In an "attempt to protect himself", the other kid put his hand out and touched my sons crotch. So she was calling to tell me they were both goofing off and my son would be kept in from recess the rest of the week. ???

6. StressedM0mma

StressedM0mma Active Member

That is a pretty harsh punishment! What about the other kid??? Same punishment? Sometimes I think teachers and administrators dole out too much. It was 2 kids screwing around. One day is plenty.

7. InsaneCdn

InsaneCdn Well-Known Member

difficult child + no recess = more problems.
    Come on, teachers... wake up.

8. SomewhereOutThere

SomewhereOutThere Well-Known Member

Nobody did anything purposefully wrong. And why was the teacher gone without another teacher watching for five minutes?

9. Jules71

This school leaves the kids unattended all the time. Even in my first graders class.