The Shots Are Helping!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by susiestar, Oct 19, 2008.

1. susiestar

susiestar Roll With It

Thanks to all of you for praying for me, and thinking of me, and letting me whine on here. I want to let you know how today has gone.

yesterday I took HALF the dose of the Vit D shot. I didn't want to take it all because if it made me sick that could be really bad. I ended up being exhausted all day, slept all day and all night. Then I slept until about 1 today.

thank you woke me up to tell me that they were going to my parents' house for the afternoon and dinner. I stretched and realized, I felt PRETTY GOOD. Nothing hurt terribly!!

So I asked if they would wait a few minutes, got dressed and even put makeup on.

we went over, I even ran to the grocery for stuff for dinner! We visited until about 7:15, then got the kids ready to go home.

This is the FIRST time since CHRISTMAS I have felt this good, even at the END of a visit. Usually I am in excruciating pain! I will give myself the rest of the shot tomorrow and I bet I am up and cleaning the house in a week or so!

I just can't believe how good I feel. Nothing upset me, I wasn't ready to cry in pain (or hiding in the bathroom because I WAS crying from the pain) and my skin didn't look all grey at the end of the night - even AFTER I washed the makeup off.

I just cannot tell you how much your support has meant. Or how good I feel. I still have aches, and some things hurt, but it isn't nearly as bad as usual after a visit or trip out somewhere.

I will plan to get up, take Jess to the bus, rest some, and get a chore or two done tomorrow. Not overdo it, but start to ramp up my activities.

Thanks to all of you!!!!!!!

2. trinityroyal

trinityroyal Well-Known Member

Wonderful news Susie!
    So glad that your VitD shots are working and you're feeling so much better. I can "hear" the relief from pain in your post.

3. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

How wonderful!!! I'm so glad the shots are working!!!
  4. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

Fabulous news! I'm so glad you're feeling better!
  5. Andy

Andy Active Member

It is so good to feel great after so long a time in pain. So glad the shots are helping.
  6. mrscatinthehat

mrscatinthehat Seussical

That is some of the best news I've heard. I am so happy for you.

7. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

That's AWESOME! :D
  8. Lothlorien

Lothlorien Active Member Staff Member

That's really great news to hear. I think a slow start with the shots, for a few days, is probably best....don't shock the system. Give your body a chance to adjust.

My heart is doing jumping jacks for you!
  9. Shari

Shari IsItFridayYet?

That is, as we like to say, AWESOME POSSUM!
  10. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

Doing the happy dance here for you!:cutie_pie::cutie_pie:
  11. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

Wooo Hoooo!!! Glad you are feeling better.
  12. witzend

witzend Well-Known Member

That's great news! I'm glad to hear that you were finally able to find some relief!
  13. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

That's wonderful, Susie! Woo hoo!
    I hope you don't overdo it (I know I would) and that you ramp up slowly and keep it going. That is just the neatest news. :) :) :)