The sounds of laughter

Wiped Out

Staff member
between my two kiddos rarely happens anymore in my house but yesterday was so nice. The two played Wii together for hours. I was on the phone at one point with my good friend who knows my kiddos well. It became very loud and I apologized for the kids' background noise but told her at least it was a getting along noise-she completely understood what I meant.

difficult child was so excited-he was grinning ear to ear-he so looks up to his sister which is why he gets so hurt when she is mean to him.

I know it won't last long but yesterday for hours my children seemed like pcs!

Oh and the day before difficult child was upset and said to me, "You think I have mental issues." I told him no. I also decided that it was time to try and explain the Bipolar to him in a way he might understand.

The cool thing is easy child happened to come down the stairs and was very reasuring to him. Told him in a very mature and caring voice (is this my easy child?) it was nothing to be ashamed of and it wasn't his fault (which I had already said but coming from her it meant a lot to difficult child). I want him to try and understand things a bit so that he can start to advocate more for himself. I was able to tell easy child later how well she handled that conversation-it actually turned out to be a huge help that she was there.

DDD

Those cherished moments bring back the memory of why we got into parenting in the first place. Enjoy. DDD

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Keep that locked away in the precious memory trunk. Judos to easy child for helping explain, too.

I love the happy stories.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I love angel moments - Laughter is the souls way of getting rid of bad karma.

I'm happy for you - VERY happy!

:D

and thanks for sharing a good moment. I needed that visual!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Enjoy it. I love the sound of my son's and husband laughing hard together. It's got to be music to your ears.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thanks everyone! It is a day I will definitely remember. Overall, today was another decent day, definitely not as nice as yesterday but easy child and difficult child played a bit before easy child started cheating (geesh) and difficult child said he didn't want to play anymore. I wasn't home but husband said difficult child actually handled it well, didn't get real angry or anything, just stopped playing. For him that is huge.