The state of Georgia moved in next to me.

Abbey

Spork Queen
(Not to offend anyone from Georgia...but...)

My gosh. There must be 10 people living in that house, none of which have all their teeth or weigh under 400 lbs. They have 5 dogs, 3 cats, and some other animal I couldn't figure out what it was.

They saw me out on my porch last night about 10pm (yes, I was clothed, so don't even go there) and invited me over for a bon fire. Bon fire??? We live in a city, albiet it a small city. Yep...they dug a BIG hole in their back yard and had a huge fire going.

Toss in some Bud Light and Bob Seger blaring...we had a rippin' ol' time.:faint:

It was actually really nice of them to invite me, but this takes me to a new level of small town life.

Bon fire???

Abbey

mstang67chic

Going Green
Bon fire???

Abbey

Yup. Our neighbor two houses over has a fire pit in their back yard. Matter of fact, I was smelling smoke after difficult child went to bed last night but after a second, didn't worry about it. (One of the windows in his room face the back and he has a fan in that window). I knew that Sarah and Rod had a fire going like usual.

Other friends of mine used to live in an addition. (Granted, the addition was on the very edge of their town but still in town). The way you took to get to their place from mine took you on an interstate/bypass. You could see their fire from the road it was so big. They live in the country now but they still like to burn things. Their fires are legendary! LOL

Bonfires seem kind of popular around our town too. It was a bit unusual to us when we moved up here. The evenings are much cooler up here so that may be a factor.

They're not refugees from the Russian invasion, are they? (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

klmno

Are you sure this isn't really a group of us board buddies coming to liven up your life with a surprise party????? LOL!!

The other animal- - maybe a goat???

Abbey

Spork Queen
I was just like...who digs up their back yard to make a fire? You buy a fire pit for God's sake at Home Depot. Well, I guess it's common. They had these...hmmm...flat spatula things that they were continually putting over the fire for hot dogs, hamburgers, etc. Every other one would fall in the fire. "Not a problem...I'll get it!!"

"No, you got the last one. This one is mine."

And some guy would put his hand in the pit and yank it out cussing up a storm. Damn fire! Burnt my hand. (Well, you idiot...)

I'm just sitting there silently chuckling. Wanna dog? Naw...I'm fine. Really. I'm fine. It's all charred and smoking with flames. He's wiping it off on his jeans. Really...they're good brats. Take one!

I'm really trying not to laugh. No, I just ate, but thank you anyways.

Awww...what a night.

Abbey

klmno

Now this is making my comment about it being board buddies REALLY look bad- I hope no one takes it like an insinuation....

donna723

Well, I don't know if you offended anyone from Georgia ... but at least you didn't say "Tennessee" like they usually do! Down here pretty much everybody uses a BBQ grill like civilized people. Or they take these huge upright cooker things down to the river and fry catfish, french fries and hushpuppies. The only thing I've ever seen them dig a pit for is if they're barbequeing a whole hog, for a really large gathering like a reunion or something. They dig this big hole and fill it with coals and throw in a dead pig and let it smolder for two or three days. It tastes WONDERFUL when it's done though! Of course, one ol' guy is always designated to sit outside all night, drinking beer in a lawn chair, so he can "tend the fire".
:coffee2:
Reading your post made me giggle because I was flashing in on the old movie, "A Christmas Story" with Ralphie and Randy! Remember the hillbilly family that lived next door to them with their "smelly hound dogs" that went through the screen door and stole their Christmas turkey? Your new neighbors name wouldn't happen to be "Bumpus", would it?
:cool_dog::cool_dog::rofl::cool_dog::cool_dog:

Abbey

Spork Queen
I had a good time. I always love meeting interesting people. I might not partake, but enjoy watching.

Not sure about the 'other' animal. It was small, furry...not a dog, not a cat, maybe a foot long. Not a ferret. Badger? Weasel? Believe me, I've gone down the list of possibilities.

Yeah, Shari...them there are rednecks.

The one lady, and I really don't mean to make fun of hugely large people, but sometimes you just have to laugh. Ok...the one lady was SOOOO large that when she went to stand up out of her oversided chair, well, the chair didn't release. So, she stands up and doesn't realize that the chair is still attached to her booty. She walks about 10 feet and everyone just dies laughing. Finally someone yells, "Sarah! Your chair is still on your :censored2:!!"

She just brushed it off like nothing. "Someone pull this thing off of me." I was trying soooo hard not to fall on the ground laughing.

This should be interesting.

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
To concur with Suz -

Either it's fodder for your next book or the man of the house will fodder something - sounds like he already has. General idea here - if a man can pull his own hot dog out of a flaming pit? STAY AWAY.

Abbey

Spork Queen
To concur with Suz -

Either it's fodder for your next book or the man of the house will fodder something - sounds like he already has. General idea here - if a man can pull his own hot dog out of a flaming pit? STAY AWAY.

Oh, there was more than one man with his hand in the pit. They were actually arguing about who got to do it next.

Yep...stay away is probably good advice.

Abbey

M

ML

These people sound interesting. You said "neighbors"? Tell me there is an acre of land between properties lol.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Are you sure this isn't really a group of us board buddies coming to liven up your life with a surprise party????? LOL!!

Hmmm...you might be on to something. Are you guys trying to mess with me? I can see it now. You're all out of your corners going, "Let's see how we can best mess with Abbey and her adjustment to small town life."

I'll dress up as the big guy with a huge beer belly and torn clothes.

Ok. I'll dress up as, well...the other guy looks pretty much the same.

I'll...well, ditto.

I'll bring the tar so we can stain our teeth like we don't have all of them. Wait...some of you don't have them. (wink)

Who has a big enough booty to stick in a chair? (won't answer that)

Who has a strange animal that no one could possibly name?

Who can dig at least a 5 X 5 pit?

Who cannot resist the temtation to play with fire?

Someone come clean now. I still have 83 days left here.

Abbey

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
My kid's missing 6 teeth. Does that count?

And I'm pretty sure I'm full blood redneck, so don't need much costume.

Got lots of animals....all fairly common tho.

Its a conspiracy!!!

Ah, go have fun with 'em. But they're pretty harmless, and they obviously dont mind laughing at themselves.

klmno

Who has a strange animal that no one could possibly name?

Who can dig at least a 5 X 5 pit?

Who cannot resist the temtation to play with fire?

Oh- wait- it is the board buddies' difficult children (including mine)- I can't believe I missed the clues!