The strangest thing...

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Ok, so Tuesday night, I finally bit the bullet, so to speak, and transferred the money to buy my guns for mounted shooting. I called the dealer and told him to initiate the purchase.
In order to compete, I will need "appropriate era attire". Which means I either need late 1800's women's wear, late 1800's men's wear, or chaps or chinks over modern 5-pocket jeans. I've looked at catalogs and "frontier pants", which aren't plentiful, by any means, run $50-$90 - no way I'm spending that on frontier pants - I'll put that money towards chaps instead.
So, Wednesday, on my way back to work from lunch, I decided to swing into my fav second hand store and ask them to keep an eye out for chaps. They frequently get motorcycle chaps in, and if they got a large or extra large pair, I could cut them down into western chaps or chinks and it would be much cheaper than purchasing a hide to make chaps from. I told the owner what I was doing, and a lightbulb went off above her head. She disappeared into the back a bit, and came out with - voila! A pair of frontier pants. My size. $10 bucks.
She had taken them in a couple years ago thinking someone might want them for Halloween or something, and no one ever even gave them a passing glance.
I was floored. And now I own them!
I'm not sure if its a good sign or if something really bad is about to happen....

trinityroyal

Frontier pants, your size $10 bucks.

Rather than the usual knocking, opportunity is grabbing you by the shirt front and getting mighty insistent!

DEFINITELY a good sign!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Why would you think that's a bad sign?? Definitely a VERY good sign!!!

I'm so excited that you're getting to do this! Ijust keep thinking of Annie Oakley. Hhahaha

KTMom91

It's a good omen that you're going the be the rootinist, tootinist, old time mounted shooter ever!

I think Yosemite Sam said something similar to that...

susiestar

Roll With It
How AWESOME! Totally a good sign!

I am glad you are investing in yourself this way. You really really deserve it.

have a BLAST!

Andy

Bad signs do not give good things. This is a fantastic awesome feel good good sign. Isn't it a fun feeling?

Enjoy the beginning of a very good thing. Have fun watching things fall into place.