The support here is exceptional!

B

BeachPeace

I have been a member of this board for almost 2 years. I get to read far, far more than I ever have time to reply.
I love the bits of personalilty that you can pick up online of members. I love hearing about your children.
This place is like a refuge where other people understand the deep dark places of parenting a difficult child child.

Sometimes I will read daily - then if we are in a "good spot" ......sometimes coming here is a painful reminder of how delicate the balance is .....how the next day will bring a challenge like no other.

I just wanted to say from the bottom of my heart - you all matter. you all are important. you all have more than once been the thought in my head that other parents deal with this too... I CAN do this.

With Blue's new diagnosis of DID - I am in a dark place right now. I just feel so lost and scared.
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy lives to offer support to others, to offer advice and encouragement, and sharing your stories.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
I agree with you about this board and thanks for your good thoughts. I'm sorry you are feeling lost and scared, a place most of us know all too well. It makes a big difference knowing we're not alone, although always wishing we all find peace and that our kids are okay. (((HUGS))) to you sweet Mom and prayers that you find your way and find some peace.

I agree with you. The support here is absolutely phenomenal. No judgement, just love and a lot of shoulders.

I'm sorry you are feeling so lost and sad right now. I can identify with that feeling, although for different reasons. I have found communicating with the board members and reading about successes, whether they are big or small, help and give me some hope too. Sometimes they just make me cry which can help get the emotions out and make you deal with them. That's good too.

Big hugs to you. We will all get through this and come out the other side.

buddy

That is a nice post. I have thought about you a couple of times this weekend. I think (this will sound dumb) because I see those commercials for Dr. Phil and he is having a woman on and he says in over 30 years he has never met a person with multiple personalities and then asks if he can speak to the other personality and she switches right there. I am sure this is quite different from your son and where he is with things, but it just triggers my thoughts for you and I just hope that the people you are being connected with are very good. I remember another show where a mom and her husband and kids were on and the kids said they just learned how to live with each of the different states/moods their mom would be in and they loved her fully no matter what. It seems people with good help can have really full lives, and I just have to hope this for your son. I wish though, that we could just take away any of that from our kids. That they have to live with such serious, life altering disabilities sometimes seems just so unfair. Then I think, well, we dont know the whys or what will come of these things, all we have is the here and now and we just have to try our best to give them the best life they can reach. You are so dedicated and he will have a good life. Our dreams have to be changed for our kids at these times. I dont know about you, but my main goal for Q is to be happy, secondly-- for him to be safe, and anything beyond that is gravy. You are among several here right now who are in a sort of transition/holding pattern, waiting for services and that is a tough spot to be in. I hope along with the connections for your difficult child, they will have parent support as well. I imagine that this has to be something where much of his recovery and ability to function will be based on the ability of those around him to be healthy and happy (and of course to fully understand his needs). I pray that you be surrounded by supportive people and programs.

He is blessed to have you. I am sorry you are so sad right now and wish I could take that away for you. I hope as you spend time reading here, you will find more time to write and let it out too. in my opinion, it is really ok to not respond to other posts for periods of time, there are times when it is ok just to need support from others. I think, we all know that we support each other in thought and good juju....so I am sure I am not alone in saying, please let us know how you are doing any time you need support. We may not be as familiar with this diagnosis as others, but we certainly do know what it is like to be in that smaller percentage of parents with unique challenges.

Many extra hugs to you.....

B

Bunny

I am sorry that you are feeling so lost right now. I know that the DID diagnosis is something very new. Gather as much information as you can and surround yourself and your son with the best professional help that you can find for him. You CAN do this. You CAN parent him. There might be dark days ahead, but we are here to help light the way for you. It definately helps to have support.

B

BeachPeace

Thank you all so much for your kind words.
buddy - I did not see that show - I do not get to watch TV much. The information I knew about DID prior to Blue getting this diagnosis was very "lifetime movie" like if that makes any sense. I immediately had thoughts of people going around and talking in other voices and having distinct alters with names etc. What DID is for my son is really just extreme behavior changes with very strange memory problems. He has auditory and visual hallucinations. I think we were initially told he had PTSD, then PTSD with dissociation, then PTSD with possible schizophrenia and now the consensus is PTSD with DID.
Just all names for how horrific abuse damaged my sweet son.

BiPolar (BP),

It makes me so sad whenever I hear about children being abused, the lingering pain they experience, the ineffective, destructive ways they try to cope...There really aren't strong enough words to describe the way I feel about people who abuse children... They don't seem human! I just don't understand how people can do the kinds of things they do to innocent children...

Your son is very fortunate he has you for a mom:warrior: - I truly believe that he is going to get the services he needs because of you...

Thinking of you today... Hugs... SFR

P.S. I love the ocean! I used to live near it and found that taking a walk along the shore, sitting on the rocks, listening to the waves crash, feeling the warm sunshine... It did wonders for my mood.

TerryJ2

Thank you for your comments. I agree. My husband has no idea why I am drawn to this board, but really, no one else "gets it."
I have to look up DID now ...

TerryJ2

Ohh, I didn't know that's what it was. I am so sorry for you and your difficult child. But at least you have something to work with.

Interesting, I think my b-i-l may have it. He has had an MRI and other tests for amnesia, and nothing showed up. He travels constantly, and his wife is bipolar and the meanest, most explosive person on the planet. I think he's depressed and has DID as sort of a coping device.

Many hugs.