the sweetest gift from boyfriend

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Jena, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Jena

Jena New Member

so i had to share a positive from my xmas day adventure. boyfriend shocked me by really going out of his way to pick out gifts for me this year. I was taken back actually. He's a simple man, as simple as they come, he doesn't say many deep things, lol and isn't that romantic......... :tongue:

but this year he got me a bunch of stuff diamond necklace, a new watch, a planner for work. Yet the best gift or gifts was the Mary Poppins movie the collector one. I had told him this past two years as I dealt with alot of past sudden flooding memories, very bad memories from my childhood that I had to deal with that my favorite record that made me feel safe and loved was Mary Poppins, and the movie. so he got it. I was so touched i really was. I can't wait for difficult child to go to dad's this weekend so i can lay on couch with my blanket and watch it.

also he got me old cd's music from when I was growing up in fla. things that made me feel safe when i was handling alot of bad bad stuff at home. zztop, boston, styx, violent femmes (yup I was a rock head lol).

Anyway it showed me that he may not always say alot, but he remembers everything, especially the important stuff. :)
  2. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

Silent waters run deep. Sounds like that's your boyfriend. What a sweetie for remembering and wanting to help you feel safe by bringing you back to your childhood memories. :) Says alot about how he feels about you.

3. Jena

Jena New Member

yea def. the silent water

it's kinda had me choked up for a day or so now actually. The whole "inner child" thing and all. :) it was probably the most thoughtful gift i've ever gotten from anyone ever.
  4. Andy

Andy Active Member

Very nice! Awesome job boyfriend!

He really did Christmas right this year!
  5. ML

ML Guest

He's a keeper! I'm glad he did this for you, Jennifer. He does love you, no doubt about it.
  6. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

Way To Go boyfriend!:)
  7. Lothlorien

Lothlorien Active Member Staff Member

It shows you that he listens to you. That's a great thing. Sounds like a keeper to me.
  8. Jena

Jena New Member

Yea, it was kinda debatable up till this point LOL. Who knew Mary Poppins would save the day!! Again!! :)