The things you learn......

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Yesterday, after having used, I swear, a half a roll of toilet paper kt came out of the bathroom to announce the toilet was clogged! :hammer: :rolleyes: Go figure.

She spent time before school trying to take care of the problem .... she'll never use that amount of TP again. I spent a great deal of time trying to take care of the issue.

I then spent an hour or 2 trying to decide if I could afford a plumber to come out & take care of things. :checkwriter: NOT! :crazy: :thumbsdown:

So I googled. It's amazing the things people will share about their digestive tracts & such.

Having said that, I found a site that offered useful info. Someone recommended that you put a few drops of dishwashing detergent in the toilet & let it sit a few minutes, plunge & flush. They swore it would work. I swore it couldn't hurt.

IT WORKS! :xmasdancers: :sword:

husband asked me to get a bottle of detergent to keep in the bathroom vanity & then told me that he was going to start handing kt 10 squares of TP & no more each time she heads to the bathroom. It took some doing but I talked him out of it....had to remind him this could be a medication issue. (More likely I think it's a 13 y/o girl thing - wasn't going there with husband yesterday.)

If all else fails, don't forget to try the Palmolive ladies. The bathroom smelt wonderful & the toilet shined afterward. :smile:

goldenguru

Your post cracked me up. It is amazing what one can find on the web. LOL.

When my daughter lived home I used to gripe about the amount of TP she used. Because of the cost and because we have a 'touchy' septic field.

When she got married, she commented on how she had learned to use less TP. :rofl: Tell husband she'll learn when she's spending her own money.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Big Bad Kitty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nothing worse than a tissue issue. </div></div>

:rofl:

May I just say that with three women in the house, I should have stock in Charmin?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
HWGA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> May I just say that with three women in the house, I should have stock in Charmin? </div></div>

Certainly. You'll be rich. I swear. Adolescent/teen girls keep the company in business. :faint:

:rofl: :rofl:

Star*

call 911........call 911
Nothing worse than a tissue issue! LOL

I was thinking - Your Charmin is alarmin'!!

Any chance you can keep diaper wipes in there for her and a plastic garbage bag?

We used that and it helped a lot.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
We also had this problem mostly with difficult child 1. Wish I had known that trick a couple years ago. I will store it away for future reference.

Beth

skeeter

hey - I have stock in Charmin!!!!
(I work for the company that makes it, along with a lot of other things).

Anyway, I grew up with a house that had a septic tank. I know how to not stop up a toilet.
NL, however, seems to manage to stop it up at least once a month. But he's old enough now that he just goes and gets the "plumber's helper" and fixes it himself.
Of course, he hasn't figured out if he wouldn't use half a roll of paper he wouldn't have to plung it afterwards.....

Linda,

THANKS!!! This is the most useful piece of information I've read in a long, long time!!! difficult child 1 is notorious for clogging the bowl. I'm going to buy an extra bottle of dishwashing detergent to keep under the vanity in the bathroom. WFEN

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'll have to remember that. Of course, with easy child it's not a tissue issue but a constipation one-our toilets are always backing up-wish the dish soap would work on that!

Pam R

DS went through a time where he left the toilet plugged up every time. After a while of unplugging it, we told him it would be $5 every time we had to do it.

That pretty much took care of him leaving it plugged, but we'd hear him up there with the plunger every time.

I guess he got tired of that because now he seldom plugs it up, but he must unplug it if we find it like that.

This whole process probably extended over 2 years. But like everything and DS, after about 100X it slowly starts to sink in.... :hammer:

Pam R.