The tired household is finally

tiredmommy

entering the 21st century. Our old tv died last night and we just returned from Best Buy with our new 40" flat screen to be delivered on Monday. :grins:

donna723

Good for you, TM! I know you'll love it! Do they install them for you too? I would love to have one but my old faithful TV just keeps on working and working...

My daughter and sister in law have one so big, it looks like a movie screen and he has so many speakers hooked up, you can't tell which are real sounds and which are on the TV!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I have Toshiba tv's. They never seem to die. In fact we bought one just before we heard about the change to digital & finally got closed captioning (which I use all the time). Before that everytime my niece kle came she couldn't watch television.

Enjoy TM.

susiestar

Roll With It
Enjoy your new TV!! That sounds so cool. We are still using a TV I found on the side of the road. Works fine except the power button fell off. You can still turn it on and off just fine.

We just got a pay tv service 2 months ago. Before that we had the old rabbit ears that were great. We also have an antenna outside, but it doesn't get as much as the rabbit ears one.

I hope you get many happy hours of entertainment and information from your new tv. And many motivated hours of work from the kids in exchange for tv time!!

Lothlorien

We just bought a 37 inch (big and clunky) tv when a flat screen was 3 grand or more. So, since this tv isn't all that old, we are a while away from buying a nice flat screen. I had also spent about $2,000 on a new entertainment center which won't accomodate one of those nice flat screens, so I'd have to replace that too. We'll be stuck in the dark ages for a while.

Enjoy your new TV! I'm sure you will love all the new features these tvs offer.

tiredmommy

Thanks ladies. We went for a 40" because we thought anything much bigger would be ridiculous in our tiny house. We had just talked about getting a new one for husband's birthday (next weekend) but decided to wait until our old one broke. husband loves the timing, lol!

We'll be getting a new console, too. husband and I made a deal: he picked the tv and I picked the console. :)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Seems our old tv's are like the energizer bunny. They keep going and going. lol Until they quit.......we won't be entering the 21st century.

But........I have done so with my computer monitor. It's a huge flat screen. :D Spoiled myself a bit with it. lol

Enjoy the new tv. easy child has an enormous one..........They love it.

tiredmommy

Thanks Lisa. I have an old, huge Sony Trinitron monitor on my desk. husband has wanted to get me a new one for the longest time but it just works so well that I say no!

Fran

Former desparate mom
I have a small flat screen at my mom's house. It's a joy to move and transport. What a difference.

We are almost completely transitioned to all flat screens since the old tv's were really old. It's funny but I could barely give away the big screened clunky heavy tv's.

Enjoy your next step into modern technology. I have one mounted on the wall with all the wires behind the dry wall. It's nice to have no cords showing.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Ok I am sooo jealous..Have been saving my pennies up for a 60 inch flat screen for the Den- I dont have cable in that room but just for to hook up my gaming systems and DVD player.

I have a smalish entertainment center in there with two lawyer bookcases - way too small for the future TV but it currently holds about 300 pieces of SO's Yoda collection so I have to figure what to do where they can still be displayed. How high are TV's supposed to be if you hang them on the wall?

I think my dream TV is going to take a few years with all of the stuff I have to arrange just to get it in there...sigh..

Marcie

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Oh enjoy it! We finally got rid of the heavy clunky one we had bought when K was born. husband and I could barely lift it between the both of us!
Our flat screens are almost 5 yo, so even now when I go into Best Buy I feel like we are way out of the loop! But I love them.