The two sides

Wiped Out

Staff member
of difficult child are so vastly opposite.

A couple of weeks ago my mom sent difficult child a birthday card. difficult child told husband he didn't want to open it because he knew Grandma would send $ and he knows she doesn't have a lot so he feels she shouldn't be sending him some.

How sweet is that? He is really concerned, he is often like this.

on the other hand, how can this be the same kid?

This morning, for who knows what reason, he told husband I've been double dating. At first we didn't know what he meant. Then he told husband I've been sleeping with another man:nonono: Thankfully husband knows better. However, then difficult child starts telling me he thinks he'll start shouting this in the neighborhood. He starts yelling loudly, "Mom is sleeping with another man." Luckily it was 7:00 and we didn't have any windows open on the main floor.

Yikes, this child that I love make me so angry, then I see the good side of him. What a rollercoaster!

M

ML

OMG the ideas that get into their heads! I agree that our gfsg have two sides. Manster can be so sweet and thoughtful and then turn around and say the meanest things when something sets him off. It would be interesting to find out how he came to the conclusion you are double dating lol.

Jeppy

I have a two-sided kid too.

Sometimes he's 15, and other times he acts about 2 or 3.

And he is much nicer to grandma than to me.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Wiped out, my difficult child mind thinks, "he's kidding! no one would sleep with a women who has a difficult child living at her house." rofl.
He is a trip, Wiped out. No wonder you feel angry.

Wiped Out

Staff member
ML-No idea how he came to that conclusion-I'd love to find out though! The weird thing with difficult child is he changes like that on the flip of a dime with-o anything seeming to set him off.

Jeppy-Often times difficult child isn't even nice to Grandma although I definitely get the worst of it.

Fran-OMG-ROFL :rofl::rofl: I really needed that laugh:) He truly is a trip!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
It's Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde isn't it? One minute they're witty, intelligent, sweet, helpful and all that - the next, they're spewing obscenities, throwing things, and being positively stupid.

And ya know, it's a joke in my house - if I had known, when I met husband, what this would be like, I'd have run screaming... It's only funny because it's true.

aeroeng

Mom of Three
Mine too. Kindest sweetest kid outside of the house. This year each middle school teacher was allowed to give only one academic award out. difficult child got three! His teachers love him. This year we acquired four new holes in the wall, called the police twice for domestic violence and he has developed new ways to be nasty and rude to his parents.

I often worry about his future relationships. He is so good outside of the home. It is only the family that takes the hits. Is he more likely to be abusive to future girl friends?

klmno

Admittedly, I cracked up laughing over the "accusation", too!! So, between all the work you do and taking care of difficult child, you have time to have an affair, even if you wanted to????? by the way, I guess that means red-heads can get a few men after all, huh??

I think some of the "two-sided" behavior is typical teen. I'm obviously no expert on this, but it seems that a lot of adolescents/teens bounce from showing a selfish side to showing a more mature side of their personality. it is like a roller-coaster ride though, especially when difficult child'ness is thrown in.

DammitJanet

So you are having an affair? Who with? Do tell. The milk man? The mailman? Oh maybe its the psychiatrist or therapist!

Hasnt he begun to say things about sex recently? Didnt he ask you not to long ago if you masturbated? Now this. Maybe puberty is really kicking in and he is thinking a whole lot about it.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Hm....he's 11? I'd have been tempted to go to wally world and buy a mumu and some foam curlers to parade around the yard in while he stood out there and yelled it....

Wiped Out

Staff member
StepTo2-Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde is a good way of putting it.

Aeroeng-My difficult child isn't able to do quite so well out of the house but he does seem to save the worst for us.

K-Way too funny about the redheads! difficult child has always been this way, even when he was really little.

Janet-I think he is thinking about it a whole lot-way more than he needs to. So far he isn't showing much signs of puberty, just the body odor part!

Shari-Love your idea!