The Universe Wobbled

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
It most certainly did, at 1pm eastern time. Didn't feel it? Well, let me tell you all about it............

I called stepdau K. And I talked to her. Hearing her voice, OMG, the most wonderful thing in the world. This child I never dreamed I would see again, speak to again........And it was as if, almost, I'd just seen her last week. She filled me in on her last 6 yrs. Not so easy to do via email. And I strained not to miss a beat. Then I filled her in on what had happened here over 6 yrs.

They had a lovely home until they lost it when K's husband lost his job. They've been staying in the hotel because shelter is dangerous, and churches are overstrained at the moment. But they have an application in for HUD housing and sister in law is working. Kids have enough to eat. They are surviving. K is being as proactive as possible, and has sister in law doing the leg work when she can't. :D K is a mature woman, proud of her children, warrior Mom for them, and in our 4 hour phone conversation it was clearly obvious she adores her kids and they adore her and sister in law as well. :D Can't tell you how proud I am of her.

BioMom lost her job wed and is also in bad shape. K and sister in law have been watching over her because they're worried about her.

And I got to talk to Kayla, Alex, and Evan!!!!! :bigsmile:

Alex I got to talk to first. I fell head over heels. I had to force myself NOT to cry. He has serious speech issues but he was so excited and very determined I was going to understand what he wanted to say. He loves Batman, and video games, and playing on the computer. (let's just say a carbon copy of his uncle Travis) No doubt after talking to K that he is autistic, and she's going to push the school to have an evaluation done. But OMG he is such a super sweety!!! He was so proud of doing good in school. And he loves to catch grasshoppers. lol

Kayla........I wanted to crawl thru the phone guys and hug this child until she couldn't breathe. I am Officially Grandma to Kayla, while the others still call me Nana. (she's too old don'tcha know?) She is my Kayla. The one I remember so well. Well she and Alex both are, just older now. She is struggling with spelling and will be evaled for dylexia because both her Dad and Nichole have it. But she loves school. And she frankly told me what Mommy and Daddy "allow" her to do. lol She loves baby dolls cuz she gets to be a Mommy. And she protects Alex and makes other kids play with him. (sounds like easy child LOL) And she wants xmas to be tomorrow so she didn't have to wait to see us.

Evan is a doll. So much like Aubrey, of course they're the same age. He didn't say alot except when he wasn't on the phone. lol

God, I could go on and on. :D 4 hours.

And with them all huddled in a little hotel room you're gonna get a clear picture of family dynamics over a 4 hour period as I could even hear background whispers. A loving family. Gentle with each other, polite to each other, playing with each other, well mannered, well behaved.

There is a God. And he does have a plan. It may feel like the journey is killing you and leaving you hallow inside. You may feel like you will never know joy again, or that you will never be complete. And when you least expect it. It all has changed.

I'm not the same person I was when K left. Her leaving changed me forever. Changed us as individuals, and as a family. No, our time as a whole family might be limited, but we'll savor each and every shared moment and never take it for granted again.

If I didn't want to murder my husband at this moment, I'd be the happiest woman alive.

meowbunny

Lisa, any chance your husband would read this post? It might open his eyes far more than anything you could say to him. What a wonderful gift you've gotten in getting K and her family back into your life.

KTMom91

Wow. I am so happy for you! I have tears in my eyes from reading this. Sending prayers that husband calms down and becomes more accepting.

donna723

Daisy, that's just wonderful! I am so happy for you! I can't even imagine how it must have felt for you to talk to her and the kids after all those years! And how fortunate that you and this 'lost' child have finally found each other!

F

flutterbee

I got tears in my eyes reading this. I'm so happy for you, Lisa.

(((hugs)))

Lothlorien

That is really wonderful. It's a shame about her husband losing his job, because it sounds like things were going so well for her. I can see, from reading your post, you mommy heart is bursting.

K has become the prodigal daughter, hey?

susiestar

Roll With It
This is so amazing. I am so happy for you that you got to talk to them and get such a clear picture of their family life. I am sorry your husband is being a jerk about it. Treasure these times. If at ALL possible send K a tape recorder so that you can trade tapes back and forth - letters with real voices. The kids will treasure this long after the worst happens, and so will you. And the kids will get to know your voice. Even if you have to buy one at a pawn shop, it would be worth the $.

I say this because I know how we treasure the tapes of my grandparents and great gma.

everywoman

Okay--you just made a woman who doesn't cry, cry. I am so happy for you Lisa. I'm so glad that in your heart you never gave up on K. You may have spoke the words, but over the years I could read between the lines that you loved her and the kids dearly. God bless you all.---even husband.