The waiting game

jodyice

Yesterday we had a team meeting with insurance people, MH/MR representatives, family based team, SD, and school personnel. Insurance people were asking questions about the recommendation for Residential Treatment Facility (RTF), asking about things that have been tried in the past and not worked, how many times difficult child has been in psychiatric hospital., etc. We're to have a decision about Residential Treatment Facility (RTF) by the end of the week. IF approved, then they said it's a process to do a bed search that can deal with the unique needs of our son. In the meantime, nothing else has changed, difficult child's behaviors still are erratic, he's only been home from psychiatric hospital since Friday, family based team hasn't really scheduled any hours this week with difficult child, they counted the meeting yesterday and psychiatrist appointment we have this Thursday as their hours. Same plan still in place if difficult child escalates and hurts himself or us, we call 911 for transport to hospital.
Anyway wanted to give an update.
The waiting game has begun.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Joanne,

I remember waiting for a decision/bed for treatment. Besides living with an unstable difficult child, you're on pins & needles praying for approval for a bed.

I'm rattling beads for you & your difficult child.

I'm glad there is a crisis plan in place.

'Chelle

Sorry you have to play the game. That's the worst, when you're trying to get help for your difficult child, waiting to get appointments, waiting for spots to open up. Sending good thoughts and crossing fingers that they hurry it up some for you.

kris

<span style='font-size: 14pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #663366"> well this is progress of a sort. let me know if you need sarah & i....i'll have her start looking for a ride for us to the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) down here. not easy to find people who have cars & are available at the same time...GAH.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

oceans

Good luck! I hope that they approve the Residential Treatment Facility (RTF) and that your difficult child gets the help that they need!

Loris

I hope your wait goes quickly. I agree with the pins and needles, it's hard to deal with. I am glad they're stepping in to help with crisis.