The week before Christmas...

KTMom91

...I've been working! Got a sub call Sunday afternoon, the teacher said she'd been sick for about a week, and she didn't know if she would be able to go by the school and make lesson plans. She sounded awful, really spacy, but the school was close by, it was second grade, and I knew I could wing it.

That one day has led to a week. The poor woman had a temp of 104 for about three days, she lives alone, and her daughter lives out of state. One of the teachers went by and MADE her go to the hospital. She has pneumonia. She was admitted, and they don't know when she'll be able to go home. She is very organized, and I've found all sorts of things to do that she already had copied and laid out. We made cards for the parents, and put the presents together, we made get well cards, and we've been very busy with Christmas theme word searches, alphabet pages, etc.

I feel so badly for her, being alone with no family close by. I keep thinking of my mom's best friend, also a teacher, who died in her sleep, and when she didn't show up at school the next day, another teacher went to her house, and found her. Very, very scary. And being sick at Christmas is not fun. Please send prayers and good thoughts that she'll recover to be back at school in January.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well, I'm glad you got the work -- but hope she gets better.

Has hubby started looking for anything yet?