The Witzend bra story, or "the middle age spread"...

Abbey

Spork Queen
I have massive skin tags on the bra line. Trust me...I've done everything possible to not irritate that area.

Now if someone could help me find my cell phone I'd be good. Darn it all.

Abbers

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
So yesterday I was wearing a bra that was not the most comfortable....so as I was getting undressed for the night, I decided to experiment with the "shake the breast" techinque that has been discussed here. Well, I shook 'em--and the darn fit was no better than before. Ah well, I thought, I must be too small for it to make any difference. I figured I might write something funny about it here next time I posted.

This morning--different bra--tried the "shaking" technique again. Whoa!!! What a difference! I actually fill the cups (I mean really fill them!). Whoo-hoo! And it kinda feels funny to have so much in front for a change...

All thanks to the "Miracle Board"...

It never ceases to amaze me what I learn here.

Thanks everyone!

Feeling extra perky today
--DaisyFace

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
LOL husband laughed at me this morning when I tried the shaking bit. Then he got all goggle-eyed and asked if I really had to go to work...

Couple people at work asked about my new bras, if they were Miracle bras... LOL - same old same old!

This rocks. THANK YOU.

Marguerite

I've been doing it for years.

Star, I've had to graduate to the modified shake - I call it the middle-aged ladle, when instead of shimmying hazardously, you gently lean over and left your boobs into position. Spoon in those mounds of jelly (or in my case, wet socks) so they arrange themselves neatly and decoratively inside those armour-plated mausoleums we call bra cups.

At the moment my scar is still very attached to the tissue underneath, so when I do the spoon them in routine, my right boob actually looks folded in half, like it is creased across the top. But hey, once in place, you can't tell.

I just hope they don't get me on false advertising charges...

Still, it is better than going bra-less at my age and having my boobs look like they've been tied round my waist by apron strings. Getting a boob snagged in the zip of your hipster jeans can be really painful...

Marg

M

Mamaof5

I can't wear bras. I have a rib cage defect I was born with (over sized and I was born without a xaphoid process - no sternum bone, causes problems with ill fitting bras or shirts).

5 kids later, my boobs are pointing south and I swear they are trying to tell me something about my feet (maybe I need a pedicure?)...Oh, and I'm a very deflated 32B ...maybe C...I'm not sure anymore.

Kathy813

Staff member
I was also told to use the "window wiper" technique. After you have shaken and placed, stand up and run your fingers along the top edge of the bra like a window wiper. It smooths out the bra line along the top.

I've mentioned this before but I also found a wonderful bra that I sleep in. It's all cotton and called the sleeptop. It's so comfortable that I wear it whenever I am at home and only put the real ones on when I go out. I've told some of my other well-endowed friends about the sleeptop bras and they all love them.

They are pricey but you can get them on sale at an online store. PM me if you want the specifics.

~Kathy

Star*

call 911........call 911
Seriously - is LIFT and separate the thing? Or is smush together and push up a better thing? And just HOW DOES that little wire work?

trinityroyal

Seriously - is LIFT and separate the thing? Or is smush together and push up a better thing? And just HOW DOES that little wire work?
All depends on what result you're looking for. There are bras that "lock and load", and others that...um...present them on a platter.

As for the wire, as far as I know it has two purposes:
1) digging into your rib cage
2) breaking free of the casing and popping out of your blouse during business meetings full of men.

Trinity

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
LOL Starbie! I think if you're blessed it's lift and separate. If you're like me, it's smush and push. And that wire? Makes you uncomfortable so you stand up straight. THAT's how it works.

Mine have this little bitty (like 1/4" wide, sticks out maybe 1/16") foam ridge right underneath. Support AND pushes up a bit - and you cannot feel it at all. Doesn't dig in, and doesn't look weird, either. They're Warners Wire Free and they ROCK!