The Wonkey Donkey book

Star*

call 911........call 911
Okay you gals always ask about your favorite book...well NOW I have one.

It's the Wonkey Donkey. OMG - if you have kids - or a 50 year old man - this book is a MUST HAVE. It has a CD with a sing along illustrated book and it is HYSTERICAL. Of course the donkey is the star. But it's written by a New Zeland couple - Craig Smith and Katz Cowley.

It IS a Scholastic book, an APRA Children's Song of the Year 2008 award winning book. It is the funniest thing you have ever heard.

The donkey is disabled...and just gets over it, also he loves country music.

-Janie - I LOVE YOU!!!! THANKS SO MUCH - all day today - WINKEY WONKEY HONKEY TONKEY LANKEY STINKY DINKEY DONKEY...lol.

NEW ZELAND ROCKS!!!!!

10 HOOFS UP!!!!

mstang67chic

Going Green
Star, I saw something the other day that I almost called dibs on so I could send it to you. I was at my Grandma's with our truck picking up a couch and loveseat that she bought....picking it up so she didn't have to pay $90 for IN TOWN delivery!

Anyhoo....she recently bought a china cabinet and had some of her pretties out on her kitchen table. (This is the grandma we recently got set up in an apartment) She was showing me and my sister some of the stuff and telling us where it all came from when I saw it.

A porcelin (?) donkey pulling a cart that looked like it once housed a small plant.

I immediatelly thought of you and as calling Dibs seems to be the way Grandma knows who wants what (on things that don't already have a note in them...LOL) ALMOST called dibs. But as she was telling me that it was probably a dime store item, I picked it up and looked at the bottom. It's marked made in Occupied Japan, so, sorry sweets.....I called Dibs for ME!

janie

New Zealand
Hello Star*
So glad you are enjoying the book and cd.
I wish I could send a copy to everyone on the conduct disorders board ... as I am sure you would all get a great laugh out of it :) The story is brilliant and the illustrations are hilarious!
I hope everyone has a great weekend ahead.
from janie (in New Zealand)

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Ooooh Wonkey Donkey!
That is so funny because Little N's Lazy Eye is her "Wonkey" Eye... it is very severe and even if she glances over her lenses it starts running amok!

I must look for this book... she sits every night and plays with my little clay Burros, the Trio.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Toto -

Let me know if you can't find it. But just so you know - the donkey in the story has ONE eye. He has three legs, one eye, likes country music, is tall and lankey, smells really really bad, hasn't had any coffee, and is very good looking. He wears neigh-ban sun glasses.

Even DF and Dude are singing the WOnkey donkey song - that's how catchy the tune is.