The wrestling coach talked

Wiped Out

Staff member
to the entire team about swearing and then said he had heard some were name calling based on appearance and made reference to differences, Asians, African Americans, blue hair, etc... He said if he hears of any more comments like that being made the person would be off the team. I'm paraphrasing because I wasn't there but husband was and said the coach handled it really well! He didn't single the boy out about using the N word but husband said the coach was very clear!

Also a late update on another post-difficult child got to go back on patrol this week!

trinityroyal

:bravo:
Way to go, coach!

Glad to hear that he handled things so well, and that difficult child is back on patrol.

All the best,
Trinity

SaraT

Yes Virginia there are good coaches out there. :wink:

Seriously, good for him, and good for son being back on patrol. :bravo:

LittleDudesMom

Linda,

sounds like a very smart man!! Glad difficult child got back on safey patrol - can't hide the pride when they wear those belts and badges!

:its_all_good:

Sharon

Marguerite

Good stuff! One way or another, kids need the opportunity to learn what is acceptable, and what is not.

I freely admit - if I hadn't seen that particular Oprah show, I still wouldn't have realised that word was unacceptable.

We do have equivalent words here, but mostly they have always been unacceptable.

Marg

Coookie

Sharon,

Yep.. good coach. :smile: We had a similar incident when I was in 3rd grade.. (a hundred years ago).. and I still remember the words my teacher spoke about it. :smile: Left a long lasting impression for the good.

Hugs

TerryJ2

He didn't single the boy out about using the N word but husband said the coach was very clear!

Good. It works better not to do that. He sounds like a great guy.

Star*

call 911........call 911
More like him for sure - !!!!

Glad your son is back in a position that makes him feel good about himself.

Hugs

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thanks Ladies! I talked to another wrestling mom who didn't know difficult child was involved. I wasn't there for the talk and she told me about the talk today. Said the coach really did handle it super well!