Then there's difficult child...

Wiped Out

Staff member
driving us nuts (see post about easy child/difficult child). He is just so manic like so much of the time. At his morning school he is rolling around on the floor, crawling, and talking like a two year old when he isn't angry and screaming at them or trying to barricade himself in a room. He's also refusing to go to any classes except for P.E.

His afternoon school says he is doing o.k. but they are set up to deal with it. With only 3 kids in his class and at least two adults they can give him all kinds of active breaks like ping pong, trampoline, etc...

At home he is especially manic like in the mornings but the nights aren't a whole lot better. All the non stop talking and his goofiness which is funny to no one but him is really getting on our every last nerve. Then add to that, when we aren't around he calls us non stop. For example, we'll be at boot camp-he knows where we are-but he'll call and leave several messages where he is crying because he misses us. Then we call after boot camp-tell him we'll call again after our showers-still he'll call 4 or 5 more times (to both husband's and my cells). Argh!!

Both kiddos have psychiatrist appts tomorrow-thank goodness (although at this point I don't know how much medications can help).

LittleDudesMom

Aren't you guys at boot camp at like 4 or 5 am? Certainly this mania can't go on like this for long. Is he settling at night and getting a good nights rest? What are they doing "with" him at his morning school since he's refusing everything but PE?

Sharon, this is getting extreme. Again.

Hugs,
Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sharon-Class is 5:30 to 6:15-he usually will make all of those calls between 6-7 o'clock. Yesterday we were stuck in traffic on the way home-he must have called at least 8 times! Thanks for being the voice of reason-with-o the violence it was hard to know if this was still extreme-I think it is and yet we've been so glad for now violence.

Gvcmom-Definitely agree that something needs to change!

Jena

i'm going thru the same in my house. i'm so sorry. i know what you mean about the mania it's enough to make you want to scream. mine does constantly twirling or shell jump around house or off furniture or get dressed up and sing till 3 a.m. it's just enough to drive you literally insane. it really is.

i wish you luck at the appointments. hang in there, i know easier said than done.

Wiped Out

Staff member
We are going to decrease his Topamax-psychiatrist feels that may help. He is such a complex kiddo. At least he is sleeping through the night!!

husband had a really nice drive home tonight with difficult child. Apparently, this morning difficult child had a bloody nose. There was no Kleenex or anything in the car so husband gave difficult child his gloves. Tonight on the way home out of the blue difficult child told husband he is really lucky to have a dad who loves him enough to let him use his gloves on a bloody nose!

M

ML

That made me smile about the gloves. Gosh I hope the decrease in Topomax makes all the difference. I hate when manster gets like that. As we tweaked the clonidine the past few weeks we had a bit of this and it is exhausting. I will try to tune out the nonstop talking and just give the obligatory "yeah" every once in a while but dang if the rat doesn't call me on it every time. He'll say "mom what did I just say" and I honestly don't know.