Theory on Chester's tummy

mstang67chic

Going Green
I'm still feeding him rice and chicken just as a precaution but I've been adding his normal kibble in with it.

I thought he was still feeling ucky but I noticed something today. This morning he was wound up and rambunctious. I fed him, he ate some of the kibble and then layed around. Granted, he could have been a little worn out from playing this morning but it happened again later. The way he was acting after he ate was how he's been acting while not feeling well. husband and I are getting ready to go out to eat so I'm going to pick up a small bag of the old food (we switched recently...about 3/4 of the way through the second 16 lb bag of the new stuff) and see what happens. I think I'll mix a bit of both in a bowl and see which he eats.

klmno

I think I'd go back to old food and forget the new one altogether. Maybe I'm just paranoid with the previous dog food issues, but it might not hurt to report the illness if changing back does the trick- just in case there's something about that food or that lot that is making a lot of dogs ill.

donna723

Have you checked to make sure there were no recalls on the new food he's been getting? There have been several lately.

DammitJanet

Donna has a good point. Also, it is sometimes really hard to change a dogs food, especially if they arent a mutt. But chester is basically a mutt...lol. I think you are right to go back to the old food for now and see if that fixes things.