therapist says to me....

flutterby

Fly away!
"I really wish you would get a degree in psychology or social work. You'd be really good at it."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

I told her, "No, I wouldn't. Cause people would come in and they would be 'victims' and I would tell them to stink it up. Victim mentality and attention seeking: I can't deal with them. I wouldn't have any patients because they'd leave my office crying and they'd never come back."

:rofl:

Nice compliment, though.

I have often wondered, though, how I ended up with a child who is a perpetual victim. Then, I think, :slap: ...look at her dad. Duh.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Heather

I had a therapist who couldn't tolerate the victim mentality either. She was an awesome therapist..........and OMG you had to get on a waiting list for her! lol

She used to say school just taught her new ways to tell patients to stink it up. lol

I think you'd be good at it too. :)

trinityroyal

Heather, I'm with Lisa. The best tdocs I've had over the years were those who pushed me to stink it up and get on with things.

I get very frustrated with tdocs who specialize in treating afflictions that they have personally. I think it's too easy to focus on empathy and turn therapy into a pity party, at the expense of providing the impetus to make the situation better.

I get the feeling that therapy with you would be exactly the opposite of a pity party, which is a good thing.

Trinity

gcvmom

Here we go again!
That is quite a compliment -- who knows, you may some day be able to put all that you've learned to use helping other kids.