There are june bugs in my garage!

flutterby

Fly away!
I hope there isn't an emergency requiring me to leave, because I can't go out there! I don't know how they got in there. Someone must have left the garage door open with the light on.

I have to go through the garage to get to the patio to let the dog out. And I heard that horrid sound. That bzzzzz that only a june bug makes. Then one flopped on my car and started coming toward me! And at the same time another one making that horrible sound around the light.

I screamed so loud that I woke my daughter. I really hope Jewel doesn't have to potty cause she's going to have to hold it.

These things are my biggest phobia.

Should I turn off the garage light and open the door and hope they fly out? I just have to reach my hand out the door to get to those things.

This is so bad.

trinityroyal

Oh goodness. Heather, I'd be in exactly the same fix you are. I'm having a small case of the squirms right here at my desk in sympathy.

If you can just stick your hand in there quickly to turn off the light and open the door, hopefully they'll go away.

Is easy child around to shoo them off for you? Can difficult child do anything?
I'd be simply helpless.

Sending many hugs, and bug-be-gone vibes to make them flee.

Eeeeew!

Trinity

Star*

call 911........call 911
OMG I'm ROFLMBugsOFF........

I get so tickled every time I see you in my mind screaming over a june bug.

If you ever change your name again? Maybe you can go from flutterby to junebug.....

I love hearing about girly, girl stuff.......lol

I guess a bug zapper for MD would be out of the question huh?

(snicker) too cute.....

Eeeeeeeeeek Eeeeeeeeeeek a bug. ROFL again. ;)

KTMom91

Junebugs are the worst. If you swat them, they crunch, which is almost grosser than letting them be. My Nana said they can stick to you, too. You have my sympathies, Heather.

flutterby

Fly away!
They DO stick to you. That's what started this whole phobia thing.

When I was 3, one got in my shirt. I remember screaming hysterically while my mom was trying to get my shirt off me, then seeing this ugly bug the size of a cesna fly around my room. Hey. I was 3 and in hysterics. It looked huge.

I even remember what shirt I was wearing.

I did turn off the garage light and opened the garage door. Turned on the porch light. Checked about an hour later and they were gone.

*shudder*

muttmeister

Well, having just drug a goat by the horns this week, somehow a June bug doesn't get me too upset. Try a big pair of overshoes and do the STOMP!!! LOL

DammitJanet

Mutt...you need to drag the goat over to my place. My lawnmower is broke and I need something to keep the grass down.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm *shuddering* right along with you. ewwwwwwww!

I'm in no way girlie........but Junebugs can make me scream, and I'll suddenly become scarce if I see one. But I have been able to force myself to actually kill one given no other choice.

Stomping them ranks up there with stomping a roach........which makes me physically ill. The noise it makes.........*shudder*.

Andy

Now that they are gone, try spraying around all the doors and windows with strong OFF or the like to see if they will stay gone.

I did this at our old place to keep boxelder bugs at bay after coming home to a swarm of them at the front door one day. I also am not a person to squirm at a bug or two but the the thought of thousands upon thousands literaly knocking at my door! And my door opens INTO the house so I needed to get rid of them before going inside. I think I ran to the garage to find a broom to sweep them away before going inside.