There but for the grace of God - Adam Lanza's Dad's story.

Scent of Cedar *

Witz, I read this, too. I saw COM's post on it and answered there. I only saw your post now. You must have posted this first for us, but I read from the top down when I come on, so I didn't see it.

My heart goes out to the father, and to all of us here on the site.

We are all, every one of us, so courageous. We battle on alone with all of it.

I am so grateful for this site.

Cedar

recoveringenabler

Staff member
That was difficult to read. I feel so sorry for that Dad, for all of them. What an amazing tragedy, my heart hurts for everyone involved............

........and for all of us here who face so much, every day and for so many days............all I can say is God bless each and every one of us.

Childofmine

one day at a time
Yes, Witz, we must have posted close to the same time yesterday. We were thinking alike, weren't we? I hesitated to post it at all, but only for a minute. It's too close to what we all struggle with here every single day. I hope and pray none of us have to deal with the horrific tragedy this family (and the whole country) have dealt with like the Lanzas have, but even played out on much smaller scales, many of the themes are the same.

I don't know about you, Witz, but I'm trying to see what the story can teach me. Not even what it can teach my own son, but what it can teach me.

Thanks for also posting this as I kind of wondered if I should at all, and had a few qualms about it. Like Echo said, it is very close to the bone and I know for some, right now, it may not be helpful at all to think about this.