There is a reason why I never miss Ant....

Mom2oddson

Within a couple of hours of him being home, I want him out of here!
He came home late Friday night with his new dog. Saturday morning I have to take the dog to the vet. That bill emptied my bank account. X-rays, blood work, 3 medicines. The dog had severe pneumonia. By evening, she was responding to the medicines and feeling better.
Of course, Ant being Ant, well... this has him so stressed that he needs to go play pool with friends and have some drinks, and anyways, he always works and he needs time to play and unwind.
He leaves and the dog freaks out. She will not stop carrying on. Constant barking and crying and trying to get through the doors. Not good for a sick animal. After multiple calls and texts, he shows back up. (And his since of time is so difficult child...I was gone less than an hour... 2 hours later)

Then came the true side of Ant. Well, my landlord got a complaint about a barking dog. I need to take her out to the woods and shoot her. I went off on him. Our shelters are no kill, take her there. He can't do that cuz she might get a bad home. It's not fair to him to get a dog that loves him and all these problems happen. His life stinks, .....and you can guess all the other things that went on.
I finally went to bed because I had had enough. He wakes me up later to say he's keeping his dog. He loves her and no one should say he can't have her. Oh and he's taking the dog to go visit a friend for an hour. .....And he's gone still. And in true Ant fashion, we will see him just long enough for him to get his gifts.

Sometimes, I wonder why I even try or care. That boy is still so selfish and self-centered. husband says that Ant needs to go out and get fixed right now. He will make a lousy dad. It's a good thing that the pregnancy didn't hold.

DammitJanet

I think there should be some sort of implant that could be scanned before some people could have kids or adopt animals. You wouldnt believe how many dogs we have ended up with due to my boys bringing them home here. "Here, just hold it for me because I cant have the dog at my place." Then why in the world did you get a dog, cat, whatever! I know this sounds awful but we actually opened the door but after Jamie and Billie brought us a pregnant cat, we opened the door and set them free once they were old enough to take care of themselves. I already had two dogs he had brought me plus two dogs of my own. I didnt want the cats.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
I truly understand exactly what you are saying and how you feel. Sigh. Some of our kids are from the same planet, the one where they take no responsibility, cannot future think, there are no clocks or real time, good choices don't exist, rules can't be followed, others feelings don't matter and yet there is always time to receive money or gifts...........yikes..........HUGS for you Mom.

Mom2oddson

The other effect is that he can really slap the joy right out of my holiday. I was having a great season this year. I started making gifts this summer and looking for great deals for nieces/nephews. My tree is beautiful and all the wrapped gifts for family are under it. It looks picture perfect. I am at peace with easy child not being able to come home this year. I'm even over the anger with my in-laws that we are going over to their Christmas Eve party this year. Last one we were at was 2008.

Now, instead of being happy and at peace...I'm angry and wondering what kind of stupid thing he is doing with the dog. Normally when he disappears I don't think twice about it. He always seems to survive his stupidity. I hope the dog is okay. A little bead rattling for the dog Jenna would be appreciated. She can't help it that she's sick and that she got a difficult child for an adoptive daddy. Poor baby. She's a beautiful brown and white Siberian Husky.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
I know that "joy slap" too. It is hard on the creatures our difficult child's adopt, sigh, I am sending my best wishes for Jenna..........

buddy

So sorry. husband has a point!

Well, in place of Ant, let me wish you a Merry Christmas and I wish you every second of happiness. I'm sure your family will love the gifts you so carefully planned. Sometimes when Q is sleeping....I get up and in the dark, turn on the fireplace and just sit by myself as I did when a child and enjoy the tree. (when I take my glasses off the lights are blurry and as a kid I thought it looked prettier that way, so I recapture that joy)

Your tree sounds lovely. You are such a good mom, what you did for that doggie earned you more credit card reward points in heaven.....smile.

Mom2oddson

Well, Ant and Jenna are back here as if nothing ever happened. Life is normal in his difficult child world. I am going to focus on the good in my life. My house is back in order. I have peach bread in the oven. I have all the stuff and time to make some more cookies and fudge. I love baking and I got my Christmas music playing. My favorite Nephews and niece are stopping by for a visit in a little while.

I'm done with letting difficult child behavior dampen my mood!

InsaneCdn

It will take at least another 5 years... if he's anything like GFGbro.
He's not "done baking" yet. And a half-baked difficult child is, well, trouble with a capital T.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'll add little Jenna to my prayers tonight. Poor baby.

Good for you not letting gfgness spoil your holiday. Have a Merry Christmas and enjoy every darn minute. (slip the poor pooch some ham or turkey when you get the chance......I think she's earned it lol )

((hugs))

Star*

call 911........call 911
I dunno.......lol. Sounds about normal :deletesmiley2:<-------(as in I wish I had NEVER) in the stages of detachment and I wish my life were (((((fill in my blank))))))).......lol

ENJOY YOUR DAY