there really should be a questionairre..........

Jena

ok my lame attempt at humor........yes i got an hr sleep so i'm functioning again :)

there should be a lengthy questionnaire when meeting a potential partner, or husband etc. yes for when we make children so we can see a complete list of all issues, family issues, etc.

now think about it, when you buy a home you get an inspector, a report, etc., when you purchase a used car you get a carfax report, i'm sure i could name other things in life when you purchase you get a report lol. why not for this????????????? seriously.

now with that being said adore my child to no end always will and probably would of done everything exactly the same way i did it, yet come on why not the report? it should be in a basket with-a bucket of pencils at a bar, restaraunt those speed dating thingys. wow the grief we'd save ourselves if we could be prepared ya know.??

for instance since my thing with-difficult child now eating, etc. new issues. i have come to learn ex h had a food phobia also, and anxiety and well we now know about his Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), anxiety depression etc.

iv'e come to learn his mother, difficult child's paternal grandmother had food phobia, school refusal, high anxiety, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), depression, etc. mom also had a nervous breakdown as well when ex h was little. paternal grandfather wow couldn't even diagnosis him, def possible BiPolar (BP), anxiety, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), depression, personality disorder, drug abuse, you name it.

so, see my point.??? :)

k maybe i need more sleep?

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Well, years ago they had arranged marriages that weeded out that stuff. Also one wouldn't dare marry into a family that had ANY hint of mental illness. Mine was chock full of it, but I had no clue other than no one spoke about relatives that "had problems" Who knew back then about genetic components.

I always wondered why I was drawn to people who were....ahem...a bit off like myself :)

Marcie

Jena

marcie LOL that's funny and yea me too!!!

guess that post didnt' go over so well lol. seemed really funny in my mind. diff in written word :) but you got it!!

klmno

LOL! I have jokingly said since difficult child's conception that the next time I am considering going out on a date, the man will have to sign a release form for me to check his record, dss records (to see if he's paid CS and if there have been valid reports against him), etc first.

Jena

klmno

that is way way too funny. you know husband a few mos back before difficult child got real bad again mentioned having a baby. my brother's wife had a baby and we were in that mode. than one night i looked at him and said you know what your total add, the man sleeps 4 hours a night and functions 16 hours a day at work, i have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)....

hmmm i'm not going there to see what that combo would bring lol...... nope i'm good :) plus where's the time now with-our craziness.