These dogs are going to drive me batty!

mstang67chic

Going Green
I love the buggers to death but OMG!!!

So this morning, husband and I are sleeping in and Chester's little bladder alarm clock goes off. No biggie as he slept in too but when he wants us awake, he's insistant. He's hopping around the bed, licking our faces, hands, anything he can get to. He plays with husband for a bit but then decides that "OK...I need to go out NOW. GET. UP!". husband gets up and goes to the back door to let both Chester and Cloe out. We KNOW they need to go. But....what do they do? Stay on the bed with me.

Turns out that this morning....much like most other days....they don't WANT husband to let them out. They want ME to let them out. Doesn't matter that their eyeballs are floating. They are going to ignore husband standing with the back door OPEN and wait for me to drag myself out of bed.

THEN when I do.....Cloe just stands there. She'll sort of lean towards the door....look around and then take a step back. I had to physically put her outside.

And as I type this? husband is HOME. Chester is laying next to me whining to go out. Did I mention....husband is HOME.

I would say that 80% of the time, I am the one who has to let them out no matter who else is in the house.

Why. Is. This!!!!

TerryJ2

Doesn't matter that their eyeballs are floating.

OMG, what a description!!! ROFL!!!

All I can say is that your husband has to get into the routine. Pick them up and put them outside. Maybe he could feed them afterward or give them a treat. They've got to learn this is a pack organization but BOTH you and your husband are Top Dogs.

I didn't know that Pits and JackRats were so 1-person. Hmm.

KTMom91

Jacks need routine, since they're difficult child dogs. I have to take Bud out every morning, even if Hubby has already taken him out. Every morning, I get up, go potty, dodge the dancing terrier on my way back into the bedroom, pull on clothes and tell Bud, "Hold on a minute, I have to put on clothes. I don't wear a pretty fur coat like yours." By then, he's dancing at the front door. I go to the door, he sits and stays, I open the door, check for neighbors and other dogs, tell him, "OK, let's go." He charges out to the big tree in the front yard, waters the tree, them wanders around the side yard, basically a vacant lot, finishes his business, runs for the front door, I follow, open the door, and we head to the kitchen for breakfast.

Every. Single. Morning.

tawnya

Yep, I have rat terriers and THEY WILL NOT GO unless I let them out. Exactly the same thing. Try to sleep for another 15 minutes? Nope...they will bark at me. Even if husband is up and trying to let them out. Try and go into the bathroom without them. You will those.

But, then again, I have to do everything else in the house too, LOL.

I love, love, love the little girls, but they do drive me nuts sometimes. They even lie in bed like we do with their little heads on the pillows.

mstang67chic

Going Green
They even lie in bed like we do with their little heads on the pillows.

OMG YES!!!! :rofl: There have been mornings that I'll wake up, roll over so I'm facing the middle/opposite side of the bed and come nose to snout with Chester. He'll be lying there dead to the world, mouth open, tongue hanging out, head on my pillow. Then there are the times when he uses ME as a pillow. My most recent favorite though was a couple of weeks ago. You know that hollow at the base of your skull/top of your neck? I woke up with a little snout buried there and the rest of him plastered against me.

tawnya

My most recent favorite though was a couple of weeks ago. You know that hollow at the base of your skull/top of your neck? I woke up with a little snout buried there and the rest of him plastered against me.

Awww...when that happens I don't want to get out of bed! They are such snuggly little dogs.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
before Gryphon's back and one hip went bad, he used to get up on the bed and sleep with me. We are talking a double bed and we are not talking a small dog.

We are talking a 95lb German Shepherd. Got really "cozy", especially as Gryph sheds like a fiend and likes to "run" in his sleep. While I'm saddened that he can no longer hop in the bed, it's kind of a relief.

mstang67chic

Going Green
GN....try a quee size bed, a 100 pound Shepherd/Husky and a 6'5" hubby who is slightly fluffy. When he couldn't jump up anymore....husband would help him.

DammitJanet

Try a double bed, two adults who weighed well over 250 and two rotties one who weighed 100 and her dtr who must have weighed at least 60 as a teen. All in one bed. I thought I had died and gone to heaven when I got a queen bed!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Back when we had the cattery, it wasn't uncommon to have 5-7 cats in a queen bed with us. BIG cats...Maine Coons where a small female weighed 12lbs, and we had several males in the 20lb range.

While no one could ever accuse husband of being either tall or "fluffy" (he was 5'7" and at his heaviest about 150lbs), it still got darned "cozy" in there most nights.

Add in sundry kittens that would climb up and down the bedding all night...well...let's just say it's funny in retrospect.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Fluffy, huh. Now I have a mental image of your husband with LOTS of fur. Snicker!

I know what you mean about the training. In the morning, Weasel will wake me with kitty kisses and/or whiskers up the nose. Possum stands on the floor and meows insistently. On my side of the bed. Squirrel... Well, she's a weird one and no joke.

If husband gets up to feed them? Nope, they continue to pester ME. MommyMommyMommyMommyMommyMommyMommyMommyMommyMommyMommyMommyMommyMommy!

Sigh.