They are deploying Jamie!

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by DammitJanet, May 29, 2008.

1. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

Jamie is in Kansas City right now and they denied his request for law enforcement exemption. They are going to deploy him to either Iraq or Afghanistan in Nov. Im devastated.
  2. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

Oh no! I can only imagine how upset I would be in your place. Big {{{hugs}}}.
  3. Christy

Christy New Member

I can only imagine how you are feeling. So sorry.
  4. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader

Oh {{{Janet}}}, I'm so sorry~ Sending big giant hugs!
  5. Shari

Shari IsItFridayYet?

MY difficult child 1 WANTS to go, and now they say they may not send him at all, and your Jamie is being sent twice? Tell Jamie to give them my difficult child's name...this is crazy.
  6. Shari

Shari IsItFridayYet?

How long is he in KC?
  7. Abbey

Abbey Spork Queen

Awww...Janet. I can only imagine your fear, and possibly Jamie's.

Just know that you have thousands of cyber friends who will be thinking and praying for him.

Love you, dear.

8. Big Bad Kitty

Big Bad Kitty lolcat

Oh no, I am so sorry.

I seriously cannot imagine what you are going through. Sending you love and strength.
  9. slsh

slsh member since 1999

Oh, Janet. I'm so sorry. It just doesn't seem right. Perhaps with the coming change in administration, things will resolve over there more quickly (fingers crossed).

A gentle hug to you, hon.
  10. everywoman

everywoman Active Member

I am so sorry. My biggest fear is that pcdaughter will be deployed when she finishes her training.
  11. Fran

Fran Former Site Owner

I'm so sorry for you.
  12. meowbunny

meowbunny New Member

Know that Jaime and you will be in our prayers and hearts until he once again comes safely home.
  13. susiestar

susiestar Roll With It

I am so very sorry. this just hoovers.

Sending big hugs, lots of them!

14. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

I keep trying to quiet this deep dark nightmare that I have had ever since he first enlisted. It has to do with this dark sedan pulling into my driveway and two men in dress blues getting out. I never talk about that nightmare to anyone and I keep telling myself its just from watching too much tv. I also keep telling myself we have only lost one member of my family to combat...and thats not bad considering how many have served. My dad and two of his brothers were in WWII, my moms older brother was a lifer in the Marines...served in WWII, Korea and other uprisings. The only one who died was Tonys uncle who was a Captain in the Marines in Vietnam. Jamie has a cousin who has been to Iraq early on and came back just fine. She was in communications. h I almost forgot my grandfather was in WWI.

Now if my brain will just stop having those nightmares...sigh. I did call my Dad and his response was similar to mine. He remarked that he just didnt want to live to have survived WWII and then have something happen to Jamie now...
  15. meowbunny

meowbunny New Member

Janet, this sounds strange but I truly have faith that Jaime will come home in one piece and not in a box. He will not have an easy time but he will recover. I don't know why I feel this way but I do. I don't have this kind of feeling often but I've been right every time -- good and bad.
  16. amazeofgrace

amazeofgrace New Member

oh man! I am so sorry, we can pray things change over seas b4 then and he will not have to go, we WILL pray things change!
  17. LittleDudesMom

LittleDudesMom Well-Known Member Staff Member

Hugs Janet. Love to you and all the families who have loved ones serving in areas of conflict and war.

18. klmno

klmno Active Member

Janet, I am so sorry to hear this. He will be in my thoughts- as well as you. Let's hope that they get all this ended soon and get our people back home to their families.
  19. dirobb

dirobb I am a CD addict

janet sending hugs and prayers your way.....
  20. Estherfromjerusalem

Estherfromjerusalem Well-Known Member

Janet, I know what it is like to have sons on active duty (husband too). You have my best wishes and prayers that everything will be OK.

Sending you a big hug,

Love, Esther