They are deploying Jamie!

DammitJanet

Jamie is in Kansas City right now and they denied his request for law enforcement exemption. They are going to deploy him to either Iraq or Afghanistan in Nov. Im devastated.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
MY difficult child 1 WANTS to go, and now they say they may not send him at all, and your Jamie is being sent twice? Tell Jamie to give them my difficult child's name...this is crazy.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Awww...Janet. I can only imagine your fear, and possibly Jamie's.

Just know that you have thousands of cyber friends who will be thinking and praying for him.

Love you, dear.

Abbey

slsh

member since 1999
Oh, Janet. I'm so sorry. It just doesn't seem right. Perhaps with the coming change in administration, things will resolve over there more quickly (fingers crossed).

A gentle hug to you, hon.

DammitJanet

I keep trying to quiet this deep dark nightmare that I have had ever since he first enlisted. It has to do with this dark sedan pulling into my driveway and two men in dress blues getting out. I never talk about that nightmare to anyone and I keep telling myself its just from watching too much tv. I also keep telling myself we have only lost one member of my family to combat...and thats not bad considering how many have served. My dad and two of his brothers were in WWII, my moms older brother was a lifer in the Marines...served in WWII, Korea and other uprisings. The only one who died was Tonys uncle who was a Captain in the Marines in Vietnam. Jamie has a cousin who has been to Iraq early on and came back just fine. She was in communications. h I almost forgot my grandfather was in WWI.

Now if my brain will just stop having those nightmares...sigh. I did call my Dad and his response was similar to mine. He remarked that he just didnt want to live to have survived WWII and then have something happen to Jamie now...

meowbunny

Janet, this sounds strange but I truly have faith that Jaime will come home in one piece and not in a box. He will not have an easy time but he will recover. I don't know why I feel this way but I do. I don't have this kind of feeling often but I've been right every time -- good and bad.

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
oh man! I am so sorry, we can pray things change over seas b4 then and he will not have to go, we WILL pray things change!

klmno

Janet, I am so sorry to hear this. He will be in my thoughts- as well as you. Let's hope that they get all this ended soon and get our people back home to their families.

Estherfromjerusalem

Janet, I know what it is like to have sons on active duty (husband too). You have my best wishes and prayers that everything will be OK.

Sending you a big hug,

Love, Esther