THey are through to the miners trapped in Chile!

Mattsmom277

Watching the ground celebration of workers and family and media as they jump around cheering and running around with their flags. I will pray that it all goes smoothly, as it appears they could all be out by next weekend.

It's enough to make one weep imagining what they are going through. I'm elated. This is the most dangerous part of the rescue, what is coming ahead. But they have made it this far. Amazing what can happen when people around the world come together to find creative solutions. Simply amazing. A wonderful reminder for our Thanksgiving weekend

Marguerite

That's really good news. I hope they'll be able to begin moving them out soon.

I know with the two surviving Beaconsfield miners, neither of them has been back down the mine. They clocked off when they got back to the surface and that was it. And they were only down there a fortnight!

A lot of the danger, is the risk of the digging out triggering more landslides. That's why they have to take their time and go so carefully. This has been a huge ordeal for everyone concerned.

Marg

Lothlorien

I can't even imagine what those folks are going through. It's amazing they all survived. I was so blown away that they said they wouldn't get to them until Christmas. Those poor men. I'm glad they are able to get provisions to them, but can you just imagine? The cleanliness (or lack thereof), the claustrophobic conditions and all that goes along with it....I just shudder when I think of it. My heart aches for them and their families.